• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

50 Cent trained at Vance

50-cent-3.jpg

Neato.

Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson trained as a pilot at Vance AFB before being NPQ'd due to asthma.

See "Interesting Facts'" third bullet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vance_Air_Force_Base

I needed a chuckle. Thanks, Wikipedia.:D

-jai5w4

Snacks

Everyone leave, I have to poop. NOW!!!
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Any one else want to throw the BS flag on that one?

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
You know, he's making a movie where he plays a green beret. And from the pictures I've seen, it's going to be terrible, that and the producers apparently didn't pay any attention to their military technical advisors.

Like, duh.

(Sigh...) I suppose facetious postings can only go so far when dealing with the limited abilities of text, not to mention the abilities of those whom thought the post to be fact and/or an endorsement of wikipedia's effed-up factoid highlighted.

GMan1976

Banned
i didn't think any of you thought it was real.... although I'm not too sure about some of the others millin' around... haha

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I am pretty sure Sinbad was in the Air Force (enlisted), some of the KC-135 guys I know have said he was a boom operator but I never found anything to back that up.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shaggy was a Marine grunt in DS.

/useless rapper tidbit

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Wow, Admiral John Poindexter was in the Navy? I'm shocked. Next thing you know, they're going to tell me that Colin Powell was in the Army. :D

Brett

navy09

None
And Montel Williams was an officer in the Corps.

/useless talk show host tidbit ;)

I thought he was a naval officer so I checked his bio...he was an enlisted marine out of high school, then he claims to have been the first black Marine selected for NAPS. He graduated from USNA and wanted to fly, but got NPQ'd because of his eyes, ended up as a RL officer (Crypto).

GMan1976

Banned
And Montel Williams was an officer in the Corps.

/useless talk show host tidbit ;)

Complete, ultimate list of "who's who" that served in military. Officers and Enlisted alike.

http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-notable-peace-time-veterans

-jai5w4

checked out that site.... so Jerry Garcia (from the Grateful Dead) was in the Army? How's THAT for irony...?

Also Mr T was in the Army... duh... he's a former Green Beret who goes by the alias BA Baracas. :)