• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4 march 06 Navy OCS

cecandless

Extremely, this was my third attempt at getting in. My GPA sucks, but I recieved excellent evals, made PO1 in less than 5 years, and recieved some excellent recommendations. I mailed my package out 15 Sept, recieved my orders to OCS 25 Sept and I was selected for Supply. How sweet is that?

Logico

Extremely, this was my third attempt at getting in. My GPA sucks, but I recieved excellent evals, made PO1 in less than 5 years, and recieved some excellent recommendations. I mailed my package out 15 Sept, recieved my orders to OCS 25 Sept and I was selected for Supply. How sweet is that?

Congrats, that is sweet! My twin brother made Chief in 7 years and has filled me in on how rare it is for people to make PO1 in the time you made it in...that is outstanding. I tried twice before I got into BDCP and the whole process took about a year. I guess with us dilligence is what did it in the end. My GPA wasn't super high either.

So, what are you doing to prepare for OCS? I just did a PRT with the command that I report to while in school and I did ok but not as good as I feel that I need to be for OCS. I did 65 curl ups, 62 push ups, and did the mile and a half run in 10:41. I need to get all these scores up for OCS. I want to go into OCS doing at least 80 curl ups, 70 push ups, and the run in under 10:15.

I just completed the 4 OCS related correspondence courses on Navy Knowledge Online (NKO). I'll spend the last month or so before OCS doing all the memorization stuff I need to do.

What about you?

RADO 18T

Kick-Ass
cecandless, I'm classing up the same time. I also just got back from deployment.

1st Class PO as well (PR). I've been in active duty over 11 years. I also got selected for Supply.

So Logico, what resource are you studying for memorization? Can you please share us the link?

-Joe

oztin79

cecandless, I'm classing up the same time. I also just got back from deployment.

1st Class PO as well (PR). I've been in active duty over 11 years. I also got selected for Supply.

So Logico, what resource are you studying for memorization? Can you please share us the link?

-Joe
There's a file named "Survivor's Guide to OCS" that has everything I'm told we'll need to feel prepared (week 1 to week 13). I'm also told that we won't be prepared, no matter what we do. But it's a motivating read and has all the memorization materials. I have the digital file if anyone wants it.

Anyone know what date the following class is set for?

cecandless

Hey what's up. Sorry for disappearing, I just got off of deployment. I've been running (3-5 miles a day), weight training, and trying to watch my diet. I'm currently on leave in Hawaii for the next month. Is anyone stationed out here? My girlfriend works 2pm to 11pm, so I pretty much have to entertain myself every day. Everyone I know on this island is on deployment right now, so it would be really nice to meet some future class mates, etc.

cecandless

Is anyone driving to OCS. I haven't decided what I'm doing yet. My homeport is in Bremerton, WA (shipyard). I don't really feel like driving completely across the country again. I have heard that there are advantages to having a car there though.

oztin79

Cecan, if I were you, I'd try to get your car over there. Once we get that first libo, man, I'm getting the f*^& outta Dodge to recoup some sanity and alone time. Psychologically, the idea of my car being on base means retaining that much more personal sovereignty. Maybe that's just me and maybe it's because I'm driving up from Miami.

Car or no car, we'll make it through and I wish everyone great luck in what will probably be one of the most challenging things we'll ever do.

beck587

There is also a March 4, 2006 class post on usnavyocs.com. Look us up. btw, I will be in the class. I am selected for AMDO. I have 8.5 yrs active duty as an AZ1.

beck587

I will be driving from Ventura CA. I am taking the 10 all the way. I plan on being in P-cola on fri, 3 mar. Anybody else going to be there then?

cecandless

Yes, I'll be there. My report date is no later than 3 march. I haven't a clue why. From what I've heard things don't start until Sunday. I guess prior enlisted?

Anyway, we will have to get together before we class up.

RADO 18T

Kick-Ass
beck587 said:
I will be driving from Ventura CA. I am taking the 10 all the way. I plan on being in P-cola on fri, 3 mar. Anybody else going to be there then?

beck, maybe we meet up driving to p-cola. I'm driving from San Diego. I'll be taking Interstate 8 to the 10.

Here's my e-mail rado18t@hotmail.com

-Joe