• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

31OCT22 SNA/SNFO BOARD

cjh5073

Figured I’d be a little edgy
I also "waited" until the last day, sent mine at 12:50 pacific. Still haven't got confirmation.
So just so y’all are aware, I had the FLAG office submit my package for me after my July meeting.

Followed up 2 weeks before the package was due in September, had to scramble because Mr. Celestin hadn’t received it, after 2 weeks of radio silence I involved my airboss and it got handled. Received a confirmation a day later.

Idk if y’all have a mentor or a DH you can go to but it sounds like that worked for me.

Hate to say it - but I’d also maybe come to terms with the fact that they might not accept your package.

Hope it works out for both of you though. I can say I’ve put in enough work for this package id be pissed it all gets thrown away because someone doesn’t respond.

luckynumbr27

I don’t want to crush any dream or cause any panic right now, just going to pass along that every SNA/NFO candidate in the October OCS class was informed that all Naval Aviation candidates are on an indefinite hold and we will not be going to OCS when we were slated to. Very vague information right now, but it appears that the FY23 Officer Accession Plan has still not been signed, and there are ongoing conversations of a potential significant reduction in Aviation accessions for the FY. Aviation OCM and NRC agreed to hold off shipping any more pilots or NFOs till they figure it out. Idk what that means for those of y’all still applying, but now you know a little more from the other side. Good luck to all.

exNavyOffRec

My CO was involved I had to go through him to send the letter up. Im just going hope and pray that my scores will be good enough for SNFO. I heard from Mr. Paul aviation selection numbers are gonna be low this board....
They should be no different than the most recent board, they take the total number and divide by the number of boards, and that is what the board has to give.

extraschmedium

I don’t want to crush any dream or cause any panic right now, just going to pass along that every SNA/NFO candidate in the October OCS class was informed that all Naval Aviation candidates are on an indefinite hold and we will not be going to OCS when we were slated to. Very vague information right now, but it appears that the FY23 Officer Accession Plan has still not been signed, and there are ongoing conversations of a potential significant reduction in Aviation accessions for the FY. Aviation OCM and NRC agreed to hold off shipping any more pilots or NFOs till they figure it out. Idk what that means for those of y’all still applying, but now you know a little more from the other side. Good luck to all.
sadmeme.jpeg

exNavyOffRec

They normally don't give the numbers to NRC until Dec and sometimes as late as Feb,

Everything is a trickle down, the number of squadrons determine the number of aviators they need from CO all the way down to new accessions, so unless there is a major reduction in squadrons there shouldn't be much of a change.

There can be fluctuations based on how NROTC and USNA have done as far as retention from entering that pipeline until graduation, but when dealing with large numbers the effect is minimal. There can also be fluctuations based on how people are doing in the pipeline, less attrition means reduced need for new accessions.

exNavyOffRec

I talked to him this morning. He straight up said “and I will tell you this, sna/nfo board are subject to cancellation” obviously nothin new that we don’t already know but also wasn’t the reason for my call
He is not wrong, I have seen boards cancelled at the board date, it is very rare but it happens.

It is no secret that they are way ahead of selections as at this point of the year having people slotted for FY 24 is just nuts, especially how many that have been put in FY 24.