• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

28 march 2010

Koneface86

Pro Rec SWO
I am in the same situation BU...i was on for March 7th and now this one...also, finch good job on the site it looks good and if you have a FBOOK page, JOIN...lot of good info we can all share

emariek

I think it's June 18, which seems soon, but the calendar says that's 12 weeks...I'll double check when I swear in next week.

rrawls

I also believe it is June 18. That does seem early to me as well, but I also counted the weeks and the Friday on the 12th week is June 18. That is of course that there is no set back or rolls which I hope doesnt happen cause im sure this is going to be a STUD class!! However, I will ask my recruiter for a more specific answer when I see him this week.

Does anyone know specifically how long SWO's have before reporting to training upon completion of OCS? This is a question I have not been able to find out on my own and was wondering if any of yall had insight on that. Thanks.

bjschilling

Well after months of waiting and waiting and jumping through hoops, looks like I will be in this class

BJ 29M NFO Prior Marine

MattH

FS SNA
Hi All!

First time poster, LONG time lurker.

I'm pumped and wanted to share the news - just got word from my processor that "the tentative date is 28 March" and that my FS letter "went up for signature on 18 Feb"! I am in the same boat as Triumph and BUMatt as I was selected in the January Boards (SNA). Wasn't expecting a date this early but was hopefull because my NASIS and MEPS were completed before the boards convened. I'm out of the Mpls NRD.

Posting my stats to the Jan 2010 board thread now.

BUmatt

Welcome aboard MattH. You and I are in the exact same position other than me being SNFO and you SNA. I got my NASIS and MEPS completed before submitting to the JAN boards so maybe that's why we have such an early OCS date?

bvlinas

BUMATT and MATTH. Have you recieved your final select letters yet? Just a word of caution, oratory promises of class dates never ever meant anything in my case. I would be really really surprised if you make the March 28 class from everything that I have heard from recruiters etc about the turnaround right now... But hey if I'm wrong and we are all in the same class, I will surely buy you both a beer.

BUmatt

BUMATT and MATTH. Have you recieved your final select letters yet? Just a word of caution, oratory promises of class dates never ever meant anything in my case. I would be really really surprised if you make the March 28 class from everything that I have heard from recruiters etc about the turnaround right now... But hey if I'm wrong and we are all in the same class, I will surely buy you both a beer.

Honestly I would be surprised if I make this date. It seems too soon to me but I don't know, I will just wait and see what happens. I will try to get in touch with my OR today and see if he has heard anything about when the FS letter might be arriving, if at all.

MattH

FS SNA

Nope, haven't received the FS letter yet. Hence, "tentative" date and "went up for signature on 18 Feb". My processor has been pretty accurate with things up to this point so all I can do is X my fingers and wait. Trust me, I was shocked to hear the unsolicited news from my processor this morning considering the multiple month wait time most AW posters have experienced. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.