• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27JAN20 SNA/SNFO(Pilot/NFO)

Goaround94

Exactly, define the prorec y and has anyone got it in the mail? I got called a few dates back saying I'm a prorec-y(verbal) and going to OCS, but everyone said it's not a prorec-y because it was verbal.... So why is today's prorec-y different? That's what I'm asking.

Edit: spelling

Thanos

Exactly, define the prorec y and has anyone got it in the mail? I got called a few dates back saying I'm a prorec-y(verbal) amd going to OCS, but everyone said it's not a prorec-y because it was verbal.... So why is today's prorec-y different? That's what I'm asking.

My recruiter only sent me a text. He said the words Pro Y and gave me my class date and my designator, and that the processors would be contacting me soon, but nobody has reached out to me yet. So idk if that won’t happen until FINSEL or what. Might text him tomorrow and ask.

nalderman97

Exactly, define the prorec y and has anyone got it in the mail? I got called a few dates back saying I'm a prorec-y(verbal) amd going to OCS, but everyone said it's not a prorec-y because it was verbal.... So why is today's prorec-y different? That's what I'm asking.
I think there's a difference between getting a class date and getting a pro rec. Everyone prior to today has said they have a class date, but not an official pro rec.

Mike9595

From my Understanding it was their recruiters looking at class dates and not the official list since it was realeased yet. A Pro rec is off the list once it is released

BrianTruix

WHAT DO THE DIFFERENT “PROFESSIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS” MEAN TO ME & WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
N – No, not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community/designator requested. If you requested to be considered for additional designators on your application, you will still be considered for those designators by that respective community professional review/recommendation board in the near future. Results for those additional professional review/recommendation boards will be released as those additional boards are conducted. If you did not request to be considered for any other designators within your application or if this was the last of your requested designators to be considered, then no further processing of your application will be performed – thank you for having applied. You could very well remain eligible to apply in the future for the OCS commissioning program (per OPNAVINST 1420.1B – chapter 4), assuming that you strengthen your application and competitive status moving forward.

Y – Yes, Professionally recommended. Being professionally recommended by a community is the SINGLE BIGGEST HURDLE to your OCS application – so be proud of having been professionally recommended (often referred to as being “SELECTED”). Your command should congratulate you for having made it over this part of your application processing. However, there are still some post-board processing steps that need to be completed that could still make you “non-eligible” for commissioning that need to be completed before you will receive PCS orders from your current command to OCS in Newport, RI. The good news is that these steps will be completed by the Processors here within NRC with no action required from you. The NRC processors will now send your previously-provided medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC to confirm that you are medically-qualified for commissioning against DoD commissioning standards. If there are any issues with your medical review for commissioning standards, we will contact you directly. If you are contacted for medical issues please print and present the medical review letter to your medical provider so they can address and provide you with the requested documents.
If found Physically Qualified (PQ) by the Medical Qualification Shop here within NRC, then your command will be notified via email from the OCS Desk here at NRC with your official “Selection Letter” which will contain your assigned OCS class date and will include your Service Agreement for the designator in which you were selected.
If found Not-Physically Qualified (NPQ) against DoD commissioning standards, then your command will be notified via email from the OCS Desk here at NRC with a “Non-Selection Letter” and no further processing of your application will be performed. So in those few cases in which an applicant is found “Not Physically Qualified”, they would be deemed as not qualified for commissioning even if they was previously professionally recommended through a professional recommendation board.

A- Alternate. The professional review/recommendation board assigned you as an Alternate – but the good news is that you WERE professionally recommended. Should any of the “Primary” selected applicants fall out, decline, or be found not qualified for commissioning, Alternates from the board will be utilized and will be processed for shipping to OCS. Should you be elevated from Alternate status to “primary” status, your chain-of-command will be notified with that information and you will be processed - please do not contact the OCS Help desk for updates. Alternates not shipped to OCS during the current FY will be processed for shipping to OCS during the next FY. So your chances of shipping to OCS to start your career as a commissioned officer is still VERY HIGH – that is great news!! If not shipped during this FY, you will be processed for shipping during next FY.
If there are any issues with your medical review for commissioning standards, we will contact you directly. If you are contacted for medical issues please print and present the medical review letter to your medical provider so they can address and provide you with the requested documents.