• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 SEPTEMBER 2015 OCS Class

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I couldn't agree more with everything everyone said about not depending on our graduation date being as currently projected. However, 12 weeks from our start date would put us at December 18th, so I hope that does turn out to be our graduation date. Rolling would especially suck for us since it would put us there for another five weeks instead of the usual three weeks due to the additional two weeks for the holiday stand down. I guess we'll have to buckle down as a team and ensure no one rolls! Is it too early to start calling ourselves an Honor Class ;)

bluehens15

I couldn't agree more with everything everyone said about not depending on our graduation date being as currently projected. However, 12 weeks from our start date would put us at December 18th, so I hope that does turn out to be our graduation date. Rolling would especially suck for us since it would put us there for another five weeks instead of the usual three weeks due to the additional two weeks for the holiday stand down. I guess we'll have to buckle down as a team and ensure no one rolls! Is it too early to start calling ourselves an Honor Class ;)
No one is rolling!

LadyT

We will totally be an Honor Class :D

thosefreakinATs

insert witty comment here
pilot
I totally am lol. I am more so worried about the failing the IST and rolling within like that first week. I'm exercising...it still just worries me that I will have a bad day lol.
I'm in the same boat. I'm a terrible runner so im hoping i can speed it up. A LTJG in my squadron told me that youre pretty unlikely to roll for failing the IST as long as you dont completely bomb it. Do great on the pushups and sit ups and as long as youre within a minute or two of your minimum time, they should keep you in the class. Just with an orange glow belt. He went to OCS in 2011 and said that his IST run was just over 15 minutes and he didnt roll.

iFly14

pilot
I'm nervous too. I keep hawking any thread I can find with any information, and get a queasy stomach in the process. I think the thing i'm most worried about is the flight physical, just because it's out of my control. I have wanted to be a pilot from little on, and would be disappointed having to re-designate but commissioning is far more important to me.

bluehens15

Don't stress to much, it'll just make you more worried and less confident. Try and relax. I'm currently in St Petersburg For vacation for a week, and as beautiful as it is, it's hard to try and focus on relaxing and not stressing; but ya gotta try. It'll pay off in the long run

MGB001

I think it's safe to assume everyone will be a bit nervous when we report but study your Bravo, stay in shape, and stay focused and I'm sure we'll all do well.

That being said, I'm most nervous about the dental screening as I'm afraid they're gonna want to rip my wisdom teeth out. Hopefully it can wait until the Candidate Officer phase.

bluehens15

Exactly. And even if you're not the best shape ever and you're not running a 5 minute mile, you will be fine. As long as you show up, you've been working and trying and not sitting on your ass for months, you'll get through. Just be able to carry yourself, and your class mates; no rolls in this class

iFly14

pilot
Speaking of 5 min milers. Do we have any of those in this class? I had the privilege to attend Marine PLC, and of you ran more than an 18 min 3 mile you were middle of the pack or worse.

MGB001

The best I've been able to achieve so far has been about 9:15. The maximum score for my age group (Male, 25 to 29) is 8:55 so I'm really trying to push for that but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.

LadyT

The best I've been able to achieve so far has been about 9:15. The maximum score for my age group (Male, 25 to 29) is 8:55 so I'm really trying to push for that but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it.
If we're just talking about the 1.5 mile run I'm at like a 6:30, longer distance, not so much haha
I need both of y'all to slow down...sheesh lol.