• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 January 13 Class

jbalesi

"Poop Dick"
None
per the stats released most people that DOR are not due to physical fitness, it is due to loss of designator, they wanted to come in to only do a specific job. In over 3 years of officer recruiting we didn't have a single person that we sent to OCS DOR due to physical fitness.

I apologize and stand corrected. I mis-quoted CAPT Kenneth Gray, CO of OCS, from the OCS video that is on their website. I had watched it and he came in just after the physical fitness part and said that the number reason for DOR's is, "they lack commitment."

At 3:11 on this video is what I was talking about: http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_video.asp

However, with that being said, I feel as if anyone who was selected to go will be able to make it through the PT as long as they are 'committed' and motivated.

exNavyOffRec

I apologize and stand corrected. I mis-quoted CAPT Kenneth Gray, CO of OCS, from the OCS video that is on their website. I had watched it and he came in just after the physical fitness part and said that the number reason for DOR's is, "they lack commitment."

At 3:11 on this video is what I was talking about: http://www.ocs.navy.mil/ocs_video.asp

However, with that being said, I feel as if anyone who was selected to go will be able to make it through the PT as long as they are 'committed' and motivated.

"lack of commitment" could cover a variety of issues, it could mean to the Navy and not wanting to redesignate, to the individual and not getting in physical shape, or commitment on recovering from an injury. He used a good choice of words.

rjkwas

I got selected as a SNA in early December, but I'm on the cusp of this class or the next few. As far as i know, I got selected to go for Jan 27 but won't find out for sure until after the Holliday's. I'm sure something will change lol.

23/SNA/Non-Prior/Grand Valley State

As far as you guys with aches and pain and such. I would suggest doing more stuff on a bike or tredmil as far as running if you can do that. It's a little less stress on your joints and it saves you legs. TRUST ME!

AJD

API all day
It looks like I'm going to be spending 12 weeks of bliss with you gentlemen. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

22/SNA/Non-prior/NRD San Diego/UCSD

It looks like I'm going to be spending 12 weeks of bliss with you ladies and gentlemen. Looking forward to meeting all of you.

22/SNA/Non-prior/NRD San Diego/UCSD

Fixed it for ya! :p I will be joining you all as well!
24 (will be spending my 25th birthday with you all)/SWO/non-propr/Virginia Wesleyan College

Anyone coming in from NRD Richmond/the Hampton Roads area?

Also, I wasn't expecting this at all as a SWO pro-rec. I actually had this weird gut feeling about March. I guess the Navy is full of surprises though.

AJD

API all day
Thanks ChelseaRuthless for the fix :D The Navy moved quick on this board I guess, I found out I was pro-rec'd on 13 December and my final select letter w/ OCS date was drafted on 20 December. Of course my recruiter was on leave starting on the 19th so I only found out yesterday.

Thanks ChelseaRuthless for the fix :D The Navy moved quick on this board I guess, I found out I was pro-rec'd on 13 December and my final select letter w/ OCS date was drafted on 20 December. Of course my recruiter was on leave starting on the 19th so I only found out yesterday.

Same. I found out on 14 Dec, my letter was drafted 26 Dec, and I just got the info today. My recruiter told me to be prepared for January, but that he didn't expect it because I'm going SWO. This is a super shock to me, but also probably good. I work for an accountant, and it would've sucked to have had to leave in the middle of tax season or potentially love my job beacuse I was slated to leave the middle of tax season. Better to get out now while there's still a brief lull.

AJD

API all day
My OR had told me to expect March so it was a pretty big surprise to get this date. I was planning on leaving work about a month beforehand, but it looks like I'll have about a week off before OCS starts now.

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Welcome to the club you two!

Question for those with FS letters in hand.
Is our ocs class number on it? I'm trying to get my address to some family and the class number is part of it... Thanks

AJD

API all day
No mention to class number in my letter. I believe we will have the opportunity to call home during the first day or so of arriving at OCS to inform people of any details they will need while we are there.

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If you look in the 6Jan thread, I think their class number comes up towards the end. You probably just need to add one to it.

zianac

Extra awesome
None
No mention to class number in my letter. I believe we will have the opportunity to call home during the first day or so of arriving at OCS to inform people of any details they will need while we are there.
I want to say that we're 09-13... but I'm not 100% sure