• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

27 January 13 Class

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice work! You'll need to change one thing though: Chuck Hagel is about to be appointed SecDef
Don't jump the gun... not appointed, but nominated! Chuckie has baggage, it's gonna be a dogfight getting OK'd by Congress.;)
BzB

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
Hey everyone, I'm starting in the class after you, but wanted to draw something to your attention. This year's flu is supposed to be a nightmare (hospitals overflowing, a friend of mine went to the ER, etc) so if you have a chance please get a flu shot so you don't get sick or get others sick!

zianac

Extra awesome
None
Hey everyone, I'm starting in the class after you, but wanted to draw something to your attention. This year's flu is supposed to be a nightmare (hospitals overflowing, a friend of mine went to the ER, etc) so if you have a chance please get a flu shot so you don't get sick or get others sick!
If it's anything like boot camp, you're gonna get sick anyway. If medical wants us to have a flu shot... We'll receive it there :)

LFCFan

*Insert nerd wings here*
If it's anything like boot camp, you're gonna get sick anyway. If medical wants us to have a flu shot... We'll receive it there :)

Yeah, but I'd be more concerned about some of us getting hit by this nasty strain before we even get there.

zianac

Extra awesome
None
Yeah, but I'd be more concerned about some of us getting hit by this nasty strain before we even get there.
I suppose you've got a little bit longer to wait... I'm currently a substitute teacher, so I got my flu shot a while ago to combat little children (and their diseases).

I don't even want to think about this. I've had that "getting sick" feeling for a couple days now, and I'm totally stressing it. My car already decided to break down; I'm hoping that bad luck doesn't decide to transfer to my body with only 17 days left before I ship... too much left to do! :eek:

I also don't want to be known as the girl who started the 09-13 sickness...

WilliamC

SNA API Current
Half of my family has had this flu and for the young and healthy ones it only lasted a couple days. It might be nice to have had it beforehand and be inoculated to it.

Also, I swore in and got my final select yesterday. Orders are coming, but it's official that I'm in this class!!

milesdt85

I figure I'll go ahead and throw my name in the hat... I applied to the 3 Dec. board and just got my FS letter, class date of 27 Jan. I was expecting something in March, so its a little sooner than I thought!
My stats are:
27/M/ 5 years prior svc. USMC Sgt.
Applied SNA/SNFO/SWO, pro rec SNFO/SWO, I selected SNFO.
ASTB 6/6/6 56
B.S. in Electronic Systems Technologies from Southern Illinois University, 3.97 GPA.

I will be driving to Newport from Southern IL... I look forward to meeting all of you and having a great time(ha!) at OCS!

AllYourBass

I'm okay with the events unfolding currently
pilot
I don't even want to think about this. I've had that "getting sick" feeling for a couple days now, and I'm totally stressing it. My car already decided to break down; I'm hoping that bad luck doesn't decide to transfer to my body with only 17 days left before I ship... too much left to do! :eek:

I also don't want to be known as the girl who started the 09-13 sickness...

Meh, I called out of work yesterday because I wasn't feeling too great. After throwing up 14 times, I'm pretty sure I might have had some sort of sickness. Work isn't that comfortable today, either. :( Of course, I'm the dingbat who didn't bother with a flu shot or anything, and I've been playing with a flu-ridden baby for the last three days. Smart. I get sick probably once every two years, and I've never gotten those shots. Oh well.

Meh, I called out of work yesterday because I wasn't feeling too great. After throwing up 14 times, I'm pretty sure I might have had some sort of sickness. Work isn't that comfortable today, either. :( Of course, I'm the dingbat who didn't bother with a flu shot or anything, and I've been playing with a flu-ridden baby for the last three days. Smart. I get sick probably once every two years, and I've never gotten those shots. Oh well.

Same. But the few times I do get sick, it's always BAD. I have never gotten a flu shot in my life, and to my knowledge have never had the flu either. That'll change though, as I've heard Navy administers flu shots like crazy to their personnel when it gets to be that time of the year.

The Marines made sure I received a flu shot, or in one case, some vaccine I had to snort. When I went through boot camp, most of my platoon caught a nice case of pink eye (thankfully, I didn't), so at least you know that the flu isn't the only thing you need to be concerned with...

barz

I talked to my recruiter today, and while I don't have my final select letter yet (let's just say there have been a few mix ups beyond my control regarding my application), he told me I'm set for the February 17th class. Good luck everyone!