• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 January 2015 CEC Board

roy359

Anyone else up for this board? I wasn't selected from the October 2014 board. I was Pro Rec for SWO but I got a call 3 weeks ago that the CEC (1st choice) board wants to see my kit again this up coming board for reconsideration. The good thing is my OR said that it means they want me. The bad thing is I didn't really got to add anything other than a LOR from an O-6 to my kit and my EIT cert because it was such short notice. I'm hoping that I get selected this time but if not, my dream of becoming an officer in the Navy will still be fulfilled.

roy359

I hear you man. I started the application process November of 2013. What are your stats by the way if you don't mind me asking.

Matt Sanders

I am also up for this board, however, I am in my first semester as a junior so I won't graduate until dec. 2016. I'm not sure if I will get accepted since I'm counted for FY 17, but this board is available for FY17. I am not sure what my chances are but I have a 3.65 GPA, a 49 OAR, and a bunch of extra curricular activities. My degree is in civil engineering but I can't get my EIT until my senior year. If anyone knows how I stack up against other applicants I would appreciate it. Also, when will we find out if we get accepted?

exNavyOffRec

I am also up for this board, however, I am in my first semester as a junior so I won't graduate until dec. 2016. I'm not sure if I will get accepted since I'm counted for FY 17, but this board is available for FY17. I am not sure what my chances are but I have a 3.65 GPA, a 49 OAR, and a bunch of extra curricular activities. My degree is in civil engineering but I can't get my EIT until my senior year. If anyone knows how I stack up against other applicants I would appreciate it. Also, when will we find out if we get accepted?

Do you know how you did in your accessions officer interview?

roy359

I hope that you get in man. I got an 8 on my interview. I was kind of nervous going through it because getting into CEC (or in the NAVY) means a lot to me. I was looking at the interview sheet and it showed that I was lacking in the motivational side. I had to do another one for this upcoming board but it was an informal one over the phone with one of LT's on the board.

Matt Sanders

I hope that you get in man. I got an 8 on my interview. I was kind of nervous going through it because getting into CEC (or in the NAVY) means a lot to me. I was looking at the interview sheet and it showed that I was lacking in the motivational side. I had to do another one for this upcoming board but it was an informal one over the phone with one of LT's on the board.
Yeah me too but hopefully both of us get in. I understand the nervousness part since it is pretty much my future plans on the line. Although most of my nerves were gone once I met the officer because she was nice and made sure she got me to answer the question completely. That's different from my interview. For mine the accession officer just wrote an appraisal/recommendation for me but I don't think there was an actual score category. Did your recruiter say how long it's take to get the results?

roy359

It might be different between direct ascension and and collegiate program for interviews. It was like 2.5 weeks wait last time for me. Usually its 2-3 weeks after the board convenes. The guy in charge of me in Milton said there's about 20 of us going to the board.

exNavyOffRec

Yeah me too but hopefully both of us get in. I understand the nervousness part since it is pretty much my future plans on the line. Although most of my nerves were gone once I met the officer because she was nice and made sure she got me to answer the question completely. That's different from my interview. For mine the accession officer just wrote an appraisal/recommendation for me but I don't think there was an actual score category. Did your recruiter say how long it's take to get the results?

They write up the appraisal afterwards, not sure how competitive it is now but the accessions officers I worked with were pretty cut and dry, not EIT = no select (if you could have obtained it), scores not mostly 10's means you are probably not getting in.

stew1350

I'm 29, graduating May 2016. GPA 3.26 thanks to some classes I blew off when I was much younger, my major GPA is much higher but I don't know if they consider that. 73 on the OAR. I was in the Marine Corps for 8 years, and Air Force Reserve for 3 years as a civil engineer. Interview seemed to go well but I never got actual feedback. Just keeping my fingers crossed at this point.

Matt Sanders

It might be different between direct ascension and and collegiate program for interviews. It was like 2.5 weeks wait last time for me. Usually its 2-3 weeks after the board convenes. The guy in charge of me in Milton said there's about 20 of us going to the board.
Only 20? Did he say how many they expect to be selected? For collegiate or direct?