• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

26 January 2015 CEC Board

exNavyOffRec

Only 20? Did he say how many they expect to be selected? For collegiate or direct?

I have put in several in the collegiate program that were 19 and 20, we even sent a person to OCS that was 19, completed half of their degree in HS.

Edit: ha, that you were talking about age!! CEC is a small designator, and that number is fairly consistent with the past.

roy359

I forgot his name but he's one of the chiefs over at Milton. The 20 is for direct ascension and collegiate. There were only 23 applicants on the last board. There were only 13 PRO REC's (9 for FY15, 2 for FY16 and another 2 for FY17). I have a copy of it. So I'm assuming the number the chief gave me was accurate. I was also looking at the quota's from the last few years. They are short from direct ascensions from OCS. Hopefully we all get in!

Matt Sanders

I forgot his name but he's one of the chiefs over at Milton. The 20 is for direct ascension and collegiate. There were only 23 applicants on the last board. There were only 13 PRO REC's (9 for FY15, 2 for FY16 and another 2 for FY17). I have a copy of it. So I'm assuming the number the chief gave me was accurate. I was also looking at the quota's from the last few years. They are short from direct ascensions from OCS. Hopefully we all get in!
Did it say how many applicants from each FY there were? I'm just curious as to how many people applied last time for FY 17 to see how many other people are in the same boat as me. 13 out of 23 is pretty good since the CEC is not very big, means we gotta be in top 57% of the applicants.

roy359

Like 2-3 weeks. It's kind of nerve racking cause of the wait lol. I couldn't sleep the day before I got the results. But there's nothing you can do but wait.

roy359

9 out of 15 for FY15, 2 out of 5 for FY16, 2 out of 3 for FY17. Pretty good ratios. The FY 15's were all direct ascension and the rest were collegiate. Yea I was pissed off to find out I was one of the 6 not to get selected lol. Also the small number of applicants doesn't mean it's not competitive but I feel like there's a spike on the amount of people they need. I saw a lot of ads about becoming a CEC officer when I was applying for a job. Also the economy is ramping up again. I'm so glad to talk to other CEC applicants.

Matt Sanders

9 out of 15 for FY15, 2 out of 5 for FY16, 2 out of 3 for FY17. Pretty good ratios. The FY 15's were all direct ascension and the rest were collegiate. Yea I was pissed off to find out I was one of the 6 not to get selected lol. Also the small number of applicants doesn't mean it's not competitive but I feel like there's a spike on the amount of people they need. I saw a lot of ads about becoming a CEC officer when I was applying for a job. Also the economy is ramping up again. I'm so glad to talk to other CEC applicants.
Those are pretty solid numbers. Sucks not being selected the first time, but this time hopefully will work out. Yeah my accessions officer told me she was trying to spread the word about the collegiate program because not many people knew about it, but looks like now is a good time to be applying for the CEC.

roy359

Those are pretty solid numbers. Sucks not being selected the first time, but this time hopefully will work out. Yeah my accessions officer told me she was trying to spread the word about the collegiate program because not many people knew about it, but looks like now is a good time to be applying for the CEC.

Yea it really sucked. Good thing I was pro rec for SWO but I really want to be in CEC. Plan B is SWO, get pin then hopefully lateral transfer. I was selected by the board to go up again for reconsideration. Hopefully the NAVY won't break my heart again lol.

Matt Sanders

Yea it really sucked. Good thing I was pro rec for SWO but I really want to be in CEC. Plan B is SWO, get pin then hopefully lateral transfer. I was selected by the board to go up again for reconsideration. Hopefully the NAVY won't break my heart again lol.
This time should be better lol. What were the stats you guys submitted? Do you know any of the stats of those who were selected last board? I know they say above 3.0 is competitive but is there any "real" numbers that you've heard?

roy359

This time should be better lol. What were the stats you guys submitted? Do you know any of the stats of those who were selected last board? I know they say above 3.0 is competitive but is there any "real" numbers that you've heard?
You can see my stats on my profile. Just search the seabee forum for past applicants and look at their profile for stats. I don't know the stats of the people from the last board. All I see are their names and if they were PRO REC Y or N