• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

25 July 2021 OCS Class

eahmed4

Hello all, I have a OCS date for May 30th with a report date of May 16th but due to my final transcripts not being available in time for the class i’ll be unable to attend. Would anyone be willing to switch dates?
They might let you get away with it. As long as you can get a letter from the University saying you have graduated, I believe if they have documented proof you graduated, they will let it slide. Cannot say for sure though

Austin-AJA

What’s up everyone, just got word I’ll be in this class. Am active duty as well, I’ll try and help anyone any way I can.

Hello all, I have a OCS date for May 30th with a report date of May 16th but due to my final transcripts not being available in time for the class i’ll be unable to attend. Would anyone be willing to switch dates?
Are you active duty or civilian at the moment?

Capt_Marvel

SWO PRO-REC Y
Hey guys!! Just got word that I’ll be in this class! Looking forward to meeting you all and embracing the suck together ?

apizarro90

Hey! I’ll be in this class as well. Prior service. If anyone needs help or info don’t hesitate to ask. Also, just joined the FB group.
Hey there. Did you have to contact anyone to get updated on your class date? or did they notify your command? Im still waiting on a class date.

I graduate in May 2021 and I am trying to get a July 2021 date. How did you all get a July date set? How long did you wait between being accepted to OCS and receiving a date? Any advice on how to get a date confirmed would be greatly appreciated!

zarevich

I graduate in May 2021 and I am trying to get a July 2021 date. How did you all get a July date set? How long did you wait between being accepted to OCS and receiving a date? Any advice on how to get a date confirmed would be greatly appreciated!
Just got to talk to your recruiter about it, he is the one who sends a request to sign you up for a specific OCS date that you ask him of. If there is a spot available and you were selected for FY-21 you might get it. The classes are getting full right now and they might want to only sign up people who are age critical, but it never hurts to try. You got to go through your recruiter.

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Have you spoken with an officer recruiter yet? What steps have you taken in your application process so far?

Just got to talk to your recruiter about it, he is the one who sends a request to sign you up for a specific OCS date that you ask him of. If there is a spot available and you were selected for FY-21 you might get it. The classes are getting full right now and they might want to only sign up people who are age critical, but it never hurts to try. You got to go through your recruiter.

I appreciate your response! I thought I was selected for FY-21; I was notified in early January that I was accepted to OCS, and I have been talking to my recruiter about a July or August date (preferably July) throughout the process. My recruiter even said on more than one occasion that if I was available sooner, a June date could potentially be available. If the classes are getting full, I wonder at which point the students getting those spots were notified that they had been accepted. I am not age critical, but I am not sure what the hold-up with getting a date is, since it's been several months since January. If I knew what the hold-up was, theoretically I could address it so that I can get a date confirmed and make plans accordingly.

Have you spoken with an officer recruiter yet? What steps have you taken in your application process so far?

Thank you for your reply! I have worked with an officer recruiter throughout the entire process. Last I heard I was admitted to OCS and a date would get set shortly based on the date of first availability I put on my original application form. It's been a few months, and I haven't heard about a date yet, and I am growing concerned that there may not be spots left in the July classes. I am looking for ways that I can be proactive in getting a date, and make my recruiter's life easier in the process too.

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Thank you for your reply! I have worked with an officer recruiter throughout the entire process. Last I heard I was admitted to OCS and a date would get set shortly based on the date of first availability I put on my original application form. It's been a few months, and I haven't heard about a date yet, and I am growing concerned that there may not be spots left in the July classes. I am looking for ways that I can be proactive in getting a date, and make my recruiter's life easier in the process too.
Were you at an aviation board? If you were selected for pilot, it may be a while before you go to OCS. A lot of people in the January 2021 and October 2020 boards received "FY22" OCS dates meaning that they haven't been assigned a specific OCS date but will attend sometime during FY22 (July 2021-June 2020). The only two ways I know of to get an earlier OCS date is to submit a hardship request if you're eligible or volunteer to go to an earlier class if a slot opens up. Both of these would be coordinated through your recruiter.