• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

luckynumbr27

With all the uncertainty regarding when the next board will be or how many aviators the Navy will be taking moving forward, I think it is important for those of us with aspirations to keep hope alive and carry on with business as usual. We've all heard the rumors of boards being cancelled and ship out dates for those selected being years down the road, I personally don't care how long I have to wait. I'm hoping this thread can serve as a pool of our best intel from everyone who will be submitting and eventually become our regular board thread when big Navy decides to nail down a solid date. As far as rumors go, the only thing I have to add is that my best friend who will also be submitting has talked to the Aviation OCM and, like we already know, said he doesn't control board dates, but he believes a June board with an April deadline will be the next Aviation board following this January one. So here's to all of us sitting in the driver seat of our number one preferred platform gents.

Prior Service AT3
Degree: BBA Econ, MBA
GPA: 3.73, 3.77 (respectively)
ASTB: 61 7/7/8 (1st attempt)
3 LOR's from a professor, my former DCPO (E-8), and my former LPO that is now a flight deck Bos'n (LDO).
No flight hours yet but I will be trying to get at least 10 before the board. Also had LASEK eye surgery that will not require a waiver.

Hopefully we get word about the new board soon so we can get a spreadsheet going.

slick99

Jumping on this thread since its the closest thing I've seen for the next pilot/NFO board. I was supposed to submit for the January board as well but couldn't due to a MEPS hangup (which was somehow resolved the day after the submission deadline ?). My recruiter told me that the next board would be April 2021 but there seems to be a lot of conflicting information going around. For what its worth, Ive seen a spreadsheet that I'll link to this post with all of the upcoming boards, showing that the next pilot/NFO board will be in May with an April submission deadline.

stats:

Prior Service: N
degree: BA Political Science
GPA: 3.3
ASTB: 52 6/7/7
No flight hours

board schedule:

luckynumbr27

Meps is giving me the run around with my eye surgery paperwork too. Missed the cut off for the January board because they wanted to see more preop paperwork lol. Still waiting to get in, but the rest of my package is done. Probably gonna rework my statement, grab a few more LORs and go get some flight hours since I have the time now. I want to stack every possible card in my favor and give them no option but to take me

slick99

Meps is giving me the run around with my eye surgery paperwork too. Missed the cut off for the January board because they wanted to see more preop paperwork lol. Still waiting to get in, but the rest of my package is done. Probably gonna rework my statement, grab a few more LORs and go get some flight hours since I have the time now. I want to stack every possible card in my favor and give them no option but to take me
MEPS is a hassle man. I missed the deadline because they gave me the wrong depth perception test the first time, had to go back and clarify that I needed a different test. I've been considering picking up some flight hours myself to boost my packet a little.

Metromedic

Contributor
MEPS is a hassle man. I missed the deadline because they gave me the wrong depth perception test the first time, had to go back and clarify that I needed a different test. I've been considering picking up some flight hours myself to boost my packet a little.
Flight hours wont necessarily boost your package. Like other branches, the Navy has "their" way and they want it "that" way.

luckynumbr27

Flight hours wont necessarily boost your package. Like other branches, the Navy has "their" way and they want it "that" way.
I noticed with the Air Force, their algorithm waaaaaay overweights flight hours to the point that a college kid with a PPL and 150+ hrs in a Cessna 172 could conceivably bomb the TBAS and still have one of the most competitive overall scores achievable by nature of his parents paying $20k plus for him to get his license and ride around racking up “flight hours” in a motorized kite. I know nothing about how the Navy sees flight hours so that would be refreshing to have it not mean very much since I don’t see prior small craft flight experience as any indicator of primary flight school success. But, I’m not the expert lol.

Metromedic

Contributor
I noticed with the Air Force, their algorithm waaaaaay overweights flight hours to the point that a college kid with a PPL and 150+ hrs in a Cessna 172 could conceivably bomb the TBAS and still have one of the most competitive overall scores achievable by nature of his parents paying $20k plus for him to get his license and ride around racking up “flight hours” in a motorized kite. I know nothing about how the Navy sees flight hours so that would be refreshing to have it not mean very much since I don’t see prior small craft flight experience as any indicator of primary flight school success. But, I’m not the expert lol.
They look at multiple factors, not just your flight hours. ASTB weighs the heaviest.

luckynumbr27

They look at multiple factors, not just your flight hours. ASTB weighs the heaviest.
Would you say that having some flight hours is better than not having any if you already have a competitive ASTB and GPA? I’m just trying to stack as many cards in my favor as I can and if racking up a few flight hours would help even marginally, I would definitely do it.

Metromedic

Contributor
Would you say that having some flight hours is better than not having any if you already have a competitive ASTB and GPA? I’m just trying to stack as many cards in my favor as I can and if racking up a few flight hours would help even marginally, I would definitely do it.
Some can help, yes. It definitely won’t hurt you. I mean I have my PPL so. Looking at your scores, you’re already competitive.

villo0692

word to the wise of ppl coming to this board.....DO NOT let yourselves get discouraged if you hear rumours....lots of ppl in our board were saying ALL KINDZZZ of shit about the board not happening, I called the Aviation OCM (old CO of mine in the fleet) and even he was skeptical, and look at how the board is happening anyways....so study for your ASTB more than anything and put your package in, try to get meps done sooner than later, sometimes N3M might take a hot minute......and if you wanna keep your mind at ease, don't come to AW much...but if you wanna shoot the shit and fuck off while bored at work and laugh at some original meme work, and potentially make friends for life.....lemme be the first one to welcome you...........ass

slick99

Asked my recruiter about flight hours today and she told me that it was preferred to not have any, making for no bad habits for the Navy to have to break...(her words)

luckynumbr27

Lol, I saw that. Not even having a date for the next board certainly makes this bleak work! The sad part is, if they really cut that quota down like the rumor mill would have you believe, half of them will be in here with us in a few weeks calling every phone number they can find to figure out when the next board is ?

JoeysHammers

SNA at TW-4
Lol, I saw that. Not even having a date for the next board certainly makes this bleak work! The sad part is, if they really cut that quota down like the rumor mill would have you believe, half of them will be in here with us in a few weeks calling every phone number they can find to figure out when the next board is ?
I’ve decided I’m too anxious reading all the Jan. 25th board posts that I’ve resigned to my fate of being pushed to this board.

I have no information about it and as far as I know I could still get selected but I’m gonna set my expectations low and get to know you guys haha.