• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

hossaq

So I have a bad news guys. I got into a motorcycle accident 2 days back. Got open tib/fib fracture along with open femur fracture, all on the left side….seems like everytime I get close to living my dream, something goes wrong….the trauma surgeon and the orthopedic surgeon thinks I will make a full recovery but that’s atleast 6 months away. And I am not sure if Navy will give me waivers for such extensive injuries…
Only silver lining is it was the other drivers fault so his insurance will be paying my medical bills. Remember me in your prayers please

Mouselovr

Contributor
So I have a bad news guys. I got into a motorcycle accident 2 days back. Got open tib/fib fracture along with open femur fracture, all on the left side….seems like everytime I get close to living my dream, something goes wrong….the trauma surgeon and the orthopedic surgeon thinks I will make a full recovery but that’s atleast 6 months away. And I am not sure if Navy will give me waivers for such extensive injuries…
Only silver lining is it was the other drivers fault so his insurance will be paying my medical bills. Remember me in your prayers please
If you make a full recovery, I don’t see why they would DQ you. Aviation might have problems, but you could redesignate.

But I’m very sorry ? I hope you have a swift recovery

villo0692

jeeeez man, that sounds very painful.....I hope that you come out of this.....keep your head up and focus on what you can control now, which is to recover....try to be grateful that if wasn't worse....and take this time to work on the strength on your mind.....if and when you make it out of this you will be more than prepared, and we will all be there waiting on you brother........I'm here in Mass as well, let me know if there is anything you need, I'll be more than happy to help...stay strong!

Joedub85

Dude definitely will be praying for you!

exNavyOffRec

once you are released from care from your doctor there will be about a 6 month wait in normal circumstances, you will need to go through MEPS again, probably get DQ, documents to NRC, NRC should say to proceed, then physical, expect a consult as well, then documents back to NRC for approval.

I would estimate overall you are looking at about a year from now to get back on track.

The biggest thing is no pins, plates, or screws.

hossaq

once you are released from care from your doctor there will be about a 6 month wait in normal circumstances, you will need to go through MEPS again, probably get DQ, documents to NRC, NRC should say to proceed, then physical, expect a consult as well, then documents back to NRC for approval.

I would estimate overall you are looking at about a year from now to get back on track.

The biggest thing is no pins, plates, or screws.
That’s the thing. There are pins and rods placed

Mike D.

Contributor
Definitely time to recover and get all that paperwork sorted out before your 32nd birthday if you want to pursue it still. Sorry it happened though. Hoping you heal quickly...watch that documentary on Amazon about Navy pilots...dude’s call sign was “face shot” because he literally was shot in the face as a kid as I recall but ended up getting all the waivers etc...flew strike.

if there’s one thing I’ve learned from air warriors over the last three years and big navy is that nothing goes as planned but you still control your destiny by pushing through the obstacles placed in your path. Keep your chin up