• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24MAY2021 Pilot/NFO Board

exNavyOffRec

I'm sure everybody's mileage is going to vary, but my recruiter is an NC1, formerly a BM... he's an absolute stud, probably going to make Chief soon. I've had a pleasure working on my package with him, he's kept me in the loop proactively and was a great guide through the obstacle course of waivers and such I had to get through to even apply for SNA.

All my buddies with officer OR's could never get a call back and felt like they were never being taken seriously. A Lieutenant in our district actually tried to get one of my friends to retake the ASTB because he was sure his scores were way too weak... said friend is currently in OCS as we speak after ignoring the O3's advice

There are officers that are there because they are on the way out, or they are checked out, I worked with a sub LT who was told by his detailer how he did on his recruiting tour didn't really matter.

In general most of the issues have come with those with recruiters who are E-6 and below.

NC's or career recruiters are in a cut-throat job, they would likely throw their mother under a bus to get a contract, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, I have seen way too much shady shit from NC's.

Mike D.

Contributor
There are officers that are there because they are on the way out, or they are checked out, I worked with a sub LT who was told by his detailer how he did on his recruiting tour didn't really matter.

In general most of the issues have come with those with recruiters who are E-6 and below.

NC's or career recruiters are in a cut-throat job, they would likely throw their mother under a bus to get a contract, I don't trust them as far as I can throw them, I have seen way too much shady shit from NC's.
What’s the difference between an NC1 and a regular ole E6? Forgive my ignorance.

Stephen0692

Fair perspective, I'm sure there's plenty of good and bad everywhere. Glad my experience has been solid with my actual recruiter - the BUMED bureaucracy personally gave me the biggest headache

Stephen0692

Okay cool thanks.
Petty Officers E4-E6 can be called by whatever their rate is and then the corresponding number... So a Petty Officer 3rd Class who is a Boatswains Mate might be called "BM3" when he's an E4 whereas a Petty Officer 1st Class who is a recruiter would be called an "NC1" when he's an E6

Mike D.

Contributor
Petty Officers E4-E6 can be called by whatever their rate is and then the corresponding number... So a Petty Officer 3rd Class who is a Boatswains Mate might be called "BM3" when he's an E4 whereas a Petty Officer 1st Class who is a recruiter would be called an "NC1" when he's an E6
Got it. I honestly thought that was the case but the last few posts from this forum tended to almost differentiate between the two so I figured I’d ask for us civilians who may be wondering lol.
Regardless, the experience with my NC1 has been interesting.