• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 Oct SWO Board

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello All,

Congrats on your pro recs! Long time lurker here. I recently submitted my packet and was informed that my packet was for the decemenber board not this one... Is there any way I can check for myself or a number I can call besides my recruiter? I called my recruiter multiple times for follow ups and was a little upset that he did not submit it for the October board. Again, my recruiter was great in guiding me through the process but I haven' t really received a firm confirmation on the status of my app. any insight is much appreciated and congrats again to everyone who got the Pro rec Y. Y'all def deserve it!

Thanks,

Thomas

Contact the NRD HQ to ask to speak to the OACR or OPS Officer. Your recruiter might also be on leave or on special liberty (some commands have a four day weekend this Halloween).

gurkha

Age- 28
M
Designation applied- 1. SWO 2. CEC 3.Supply
Undergrad- BS in Chemical Engineering from University of Maryland
Masters- Finished 4 MBA classes
GPA- 2.9
OAR- 59
2 years AD, HM3
Language- Hindi, Nepali, Urdu (Getting paid as DLPT and money is good)
Interview- O6 (CO), 05 (SWO), O4 (Supply), O4 (CEC). All 10s
First time applicant
Applied- Sep2016
Pro RecY- 01Nov16

ingodshands

Contact the NRD HQ to ask to speak to the OACR or OPS Officer. Your recruiter might also be on leave or on special liberty (some commands have a four day weekend this Halloween).

thanks for info Rufio. I spoke with my recruiter yesterday but he insisted my packet was submitted for the next SWO board, sometime in late Dec.

Allan H

thanks for info Rufio. I spoke with my recruiter yesterday but he insisted my packet was submitted for the next SWO board, sometime in late Dec.

You probably received the same deal I did. I received an email on Sep. 19 telling me that my package has been process for the October SWO board. Well, it magically never made it despite being medically qualified.

CK#4

I was born in Nepal. Obtained my citizenship after joining Navy. Now I got ProRec Y to go to OCS. This is one of the greatest days of my life. It is a great honor to serve in the greatest Navy of the whole world. I hope to serve with you all someday. God Bless America!!!!!!

Low key love your name on here. Congratulations!!!!

Jeremy Pino

ET1 (SW/EXW) Jeremy Pino
SWO
Electronics Technician (ET1 SW/EXW)
10 Years Active Duty
OAR 48
AA in Electronics GPA 3.6
BA in Business Mangment GPA 3.74
Enrolled in Masters GPA 4.0

Appraisals: 2 O6, 6 O5
LORs: 6 O6, 3 O5
Evaluations: EP, EP, EP, MP (Reporting)
Certs: Sec +, A+, Officer PPME, USMAP License
Awards/Accolades: 3 NAMs, 1 FLOC, 1 MOVSM, Junior Sailor of the Year FY 14, 5.0 Eval
Quals (out to sea only): CSOOW (as a 2nd on a Destroyer), OOD In-Port, 3-M 306
Collaterals: CFL, Command Training Team Leader, FCPOA VP and Alt. EKMS Manager

Prior submissions: 3 STA-21, Alternate twice

Sorry it took so long for me to post!

Does anyone know if the wait between Prorec and Finsel is more of an issue for non-priors since as an A/D I already have a secret clearance and completed a full medical screening? Just want to know if there's anything to worry about during this wait or if it's more of a formality.

CK#4

Does anyone know if the wait between Prorec and Finsel is more of an issue for non-priors since as an A/D I already have a secret clearance and completed a full medical screening? Just want to know if there's anything to worry about during this wait or if it's more of a formality.
I was told it just all depends on the needs/urgency of the navy and when availability arises in both OCS and our secondary schooling after OCS will have classes going on. However, it would make more sense for your process to be quicker because if there is an issue or discrepancy in say my officer package, then my entrance would be postponed.

However, a little birdie informed me that the 04DEC class has very very very few people in it and we are pretty much the only board to meet and have a decision and have enough times (2-3 weeks) notice to be sent to that OCS class date. So there is a possibility of ASAP, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I know of some people that got a FINSEL in a matter of 2 days but it was because they were old and would've been too old for their program.