• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

Tim241

Y'all are swo accepted this past August board too? I'm looking forward to going to ocs now. I'm in FINSEL purgatory.Anyone else like that here? Is it just out designation that is being left on the dark?

Most are in purgatory. I know of a few that have received their FINSEL and are awaiting a Jan 3rd OCS date. My fingerprints didn't go through so I had to resubmit those. Now I'm waiting on OPM to open the investigation. Nobody is keeping anyone in the dark. SWO is the largest community so it takes awhile to get through. Other designators have more critical needs or they have individuals that are age critical so they get through the process a bit quicker.

Outdoorsman

Y'all are swo accepted this past August board too? I'm looking forward to going to ocs now. I'm in FINSEL purgatory.Anyone else like that here? Is it just out designation that is being left on the dark?

I'm still in purgatory as well. From a timeframe perspective of what I've witnessed I don't think we're approaching an overly long waiting period yet. Though seeing people get Jan 3 makes me anxiously excited for ours to come too. I'm sure we will all get ours in due time. I haven't heard anything about fingerprints not going through or any problems so as far as I know everything is still going through the pipeline.

Last edited:

Tim241

Has anyone received their FINSELS? Curious if people had theirs coming in at all. I know of people in my area still waiting on ours.

exNavyOffRec

Has anyone received their FINSELS? Curious if people had theirs coming in at all. I know of people in my area still waiting on ours.

It doesn't go by area, it goes by items such as what they put for date available, class availability, and billets already filled

nrodda90

SWOtivated
I received my Pro-Rec Y in June, didn't get my FINSEL until December. Don't expect it to come right away, they still have to do background and security checks. Unless you're age critical, there's not really a rush.

Outdoorsman

W

What if I already have a clearance?

Take this for what it's worth (someone going through the process for the first time and still getting a feel for how it all works myself) but considering (I believe) you don't need to get the clearance finished to receive the FINSEL, just opened, I doubt this would impact the wait times to receive one regardless if you have a clearance already or not. From what I gather it seems to be more related to when they fill the classes and whatnot.

Also Tim, I'm still waiting from the August 24'th board as well. OR said he sees me "on the computer" as March 27th. Just from viewing the FINSEL Purgatory thread, it doesn't seem like anybody is getting FINSELS for March yet, regardless of designator. Latest dates I have seen so far have all been February. Doesn't seem to be a cause for concern. Perhaps you're slated for a possible date in March also.

banjosquirrel

I talked to my recruiter today about the finsel and he said there is movement with the document just nothing sent out yet. Lol mean anything?
My recruiter told me the same thing the other day! She said that it was in the hands of Congress (???) but had been slowed down by the snowstorms last week. She said she's almost certain it'll be a March date. It was great to hear, but I won't have my hopes up for anything until I have the actual letter in front of me.