• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

Got a No.....I have never been so disappointed in my entire life.

You are young, with a decent GPA but moderate OAR and, I suspect, relatively little work experience (because of your age). Study hard. Retake the OAR. Enter a professional field and develop not only skills, but professionals willing to write you references. You have plenty of time to move forward with this, if it really is your dream. Remember that half of all applicants this board got rejected. Don't get down on yourself. Trust me, I know about disappointment. I started this process when I was 24. I'm now 26. It can take time.

Best of luck in the future.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
What if you have an OAR of like 49 in my case. My Recruiter advised that I apply with a 49 and if I get Pro Rec N at the next board then I reconsider taking the OAR.

50 is a suggested score to aim for. I would go ahead and apply with the 49. Worst case you can retake and improve your score if you don't get selected. It's that easy.

USSMaximus

I was told that I cannot reapply for 6 months no matter what. However, I remember reading that if I had a significant change in my application, I would be able to reapply in 3 months. Is that information correct? If so, is only a change in my OAR or GPA considered a significant change?

Being that I only have 1 more chance to take the OAR again, is it worth the risk? I have noticed people get picked up with OAR scores similar to mine with GPAs similar to mine as well. I may have just unfortunately got the shorter stick on this board. Should I just reapply with the same stats and improve my application in other ways? I would really like to prepare my kit for the next available board if possible.

Also, thank you all very much for the encouraging words. It really hurt to not be picked up from this board, but I am not giving up!

exNavyOffRec

I was told that I cannot reapply for 6 months no matter what. However, I remember reading that if I had a significant change in my application, I would be able to reapply in 3 months. Is that information correct? If so, is only a change in my OAR or GPA considered a significant change?

Being that I only have 1 more chance to take the OAR again, is it worth the risk? I have noticed people get picked up with OAR scores similar to mine with GPAs similar to mine as well. I may have just unfortunately got the shorter stick on this board. Should I just reapply with the same stats and improve my application in other ways? I would really like to prepare my kit for the next available board if possible.

Also, thank you all very much for the encouraging words. It really hurt to not be picked up from this board, but I am not giving up!

NRC always told me that a retake and higher score qualified for re submission before 6 months and I used that many times, in your case you are 1 point above the minimum, so if you score lower you could be done forever, hard call to make.......