• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

24 AUG 15 SWO OCS BOARD

csabol

I just checked Bupers and saw that 'Y' I've been looking forward to. Congrats to everyone else who was selected!

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the FINSEL? Secondly, is this pretty much a guarantee that we are going to OCS with that first 'Y'?

Turn around has looked to average about 6 months from what I've seen, from Pro Y -> OCS. That said, it's mostly non-priors that I've been watching, and some people get fast tracked. No telling.

Chop07

Supply Officer / Prior Recruiter
Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get the FINSEL? Secondly, is this pretty much a guarantee that we are going to OCS with that first 'Y'?

There is no exact time frame but here is what the process is: They will now slot everyone into OCS classes that aren't in college still...the ones that are ready to rock. Often, it's about a month-ish until we see the date pop in CIRIMS under each person's account. That's the next call I'll make to my selects...to tell them what Sunday in the future they'll report to OCS. After that and as OCS approaches, they will issue the FINSEL at some undetermined point. That is the time when it's truly official and you can be sworn in as an E-5 and sign your life away. Ironically, unlike enlisting, this is really the first time you are committing to anything. Up until the swear-in, it's very much a gentlemen's agreement and a handshake. Once swore in, you just wait to go to OCS....by car or by plane...your choice.

To your second question: your kit will still go through some quality checks but I'd say it's 99% for sure.

banjosquirrel

Congratulations to everyone who has received a Y! My package was submitted through NRD Nashville and they said that the selections have not been made public yet, so they were unable to tell me my status. Any idea why it's different for different NRDs?

SRGWML

My package was submitted through NRD Nashville and they said that the selections have not been made public yet, so they were unable to tell me my status. Any idea why it's different for different NRDs?

I'm in the same situation as you (same NRD). I submitted to the Supply board (convened the same time) and haven't heard anything. I wonder why it is different...I'm biting my nails waiting. I've lost some of my hope just being a realist but I'd like to know if I made it and if not why I was declined!

RobertIII

Pro-Rec N for this board out of Raleigh. Sitting here like..

25371080.jpg

it's all good though! Good luck to everyone who got the Y!

RobertIII

I'm in the same situation as you (same NRD). I submitted to the Supply board (convened the same time) and haven't heard anything. I wonder why it is different...I'm biting my nails waiting. I've lost some of my hope just being a realist but I'd like to know if I made it and if not why I was declined!

Submitted SUPPO out of Raleigh. Haven't heard anything yet and OR hasn't either as of today.

SRGWML

Submitted SUPPO out of Raleigh. Haven't heard anything yet and OR hasn't either as of today.

My recruiter said I could only apply for one at a time... So Supply first it was. I'm sitting here just waiting... Nervously...

Interesting good GPA good degree, did you have any legal issues or need non medical waivers?

Waiting to hear/see the response since I guess reading he got a N = No? I submitted with a BS in IT 3.98 GPA, MS in Homeland Security: Computer Forensics Option 4.0 GPA, and no waivers of any kind needed.