• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23FEB2022 SWO BOARD

I didn't see anyone post a thread for this board.
Once they convene, when do they post results or notify if the applicant has been selected?

Thanks.

exNavyOffRec

I didn't see anyone post a thread for this board.
Once they convene, when do they post results or notify if the applicant has been selected?

Thanks.
There is, it is under the date listed on the board schedule 21 Feb 2022 but it will probably start 22 Feb 2022

There is also a thread for the board under another wrong date, which is the application due date of 14 Jan 2022

There is, it is under the date listed on the board schedule 21 Feb 2022 but it will probably start 22 Feb 2022

There is also a thread for the board under another wrong date, which is the application due date of 14 Jan 2022

Yea being that the 21st is President’s Day, they’ll probably convene on the 22nd or the 23rd (according to my recruiter).

exNavyOffRec

Yea being that the 21st is President’s Day, they’ll probably convene on the 22nd or the 23rd (according to my recruiter).
The date listed is not really the board start date most of the time, they can start earlier, later, or on the date listed as that date is just an approximation, and it is always the Monday of the week.

Edit: your recruiter should know that.

The date listed is not really the board start date most of the time, they can start earlier, later, or on the date listed as that date is just an approximation, and it is always the Monday of the week.

Edit: your recruiter should know that.
So what you’re saying is that the board could’ve already started, gotten delayed?
My recruiter told me from a sheet he had printed out detailing the board I specifically applied for is on the 23rd of Feb 2022.

exNavyOffRec

So what you’re saying is that the board could’ve already started, gotten delayed?
My recruiter told me from a sheet he had printed out detailing the board I specifically applied for is on the 23rd of Feb 2022.
yep, it happens all the time. Those board dates are set months, sometimes almost 2 years in advance so they don't know anyone's schedule or often who the board members will be. I have said this before but people on here were being told by their recruiters a specific board was in progress when in reality the senior board member was at my NRD doing a visit. If asked recruiters, NRD processors, and NRC processors will just read off the schedule because unless they have a contact sitting the board or talk to the Director of OCS programs they don't really know.

1645032452527.png

yep, it happens all the time. Those board dates are set months, sometimes almost 2 years in advance so they don't know anyone's schedule or often who the board members will be. I have said this before but people on here were being told by their recruiters a specific board was in progress when in reality the senior board member was at my NRD doing a visit. If asked recruiters, NRD processors, and NRC processors will just read off the schedule because unless they have a contact sitting the board or talk to the Director of OCS programs they don't really know.

View attachment 34501
Yes what you sent is what I saw too. Not familiar with the terminology but what is SWO PROBOARD CNRC.
Does the Navy detail how much of the quota they need to fill. Any factors regarding when you apply for the boards? Beginning of the year versus last board of the year?

exNavyOffRec

Yes what you sent is what I saw too. Not familiar with the terminology but what is SWO PROBOARD CNRC.
Does the Navy detail how much of the quota they need to fill. Any factors regarding when you apply for the boards? Beginning of the year versus last board of the year?
CNRC is the controlling party for that board, proboard just means professional board aka they look at the professional items.

when has no bearing, the numbers are split up between each board and now NRC caps the number going to board, that doesn't mean that if 100 apply and the board can pick 50 that they will actually pick 50, several boards have left spots go unfilled because the quality of applicants wasn't good enough.

CNRC is the controlling party for that board, proboard just means professional board aka they look at the professional items.

when has no bearing, the numbers are split up between each board and now NRC caps the number going to board, that doesn't mean that if 100 apply and the board can pick 50 that they will actually pick 50, several boards have left spots go unfilled because the quality of applicants wasn't good enough.
Ahhh so there’s a quota to meet for the year. Split amongst the boards for that year. Not every board is guaranteed any selectee.
There’s only a certain amount of applicants allowed to every board to consider within the quota?
By boards if selected, do you physically go to boards or is that just a phrase.

exNavyOffRec

Ahhh so there’s a quota to meet for the year. Split amongst the boards for that year. Not every board is guaranteed any selectee.
There’s only a certain amount of applicants allowed to every board to consider within the quota?
By boards if selected, do you physically go to boards or is that just a phrase.
just a phrase