• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

wall6966

The recruiter is currently on leave and not answering his phone. He's probably with family so I honestly can't fault him for not answering his phone. As for MEPS, we were told that the rules were just changed and he was unable to go until he had his 368 in hand. He is also Idaho national guard so there isn't a post nearby. We have an air force base about two hours away in Washington and the national guard base is down in Boise which is a 7-hour drive. MEPS is also a two-hour drive away.

Abautista

The recruiter is currently on leave and not answering his phone. He's probably with family so I honestly can't fault him for not answering his phone. As for MEPS, we were told that the rules were just changed and he was unable to go until he had his 368 in hand. He is also Idaho national guard so there isn't a post nearby. We have an air force base about two hours away in Washington and the national guard base is down in Boise which is a 7-hour drive. MEPS is also a two-hour drive away.
I missed out on a couple of boards for the same reason. The National Guard was not very cooperative when it came to me getting a conditional release. When it came down to it, it was really my unit telling me they were on top of it when they weren’t. The only way I finally got my release was to reach out to my readiness NCO every other day or so. Wish ya’ll the best of luck. Those conditional releases on last 90 days.

wall6966

I missed out on a couple of boards for the same reason. The National Guard was not very cooperative when it came to me getting a conditional release. When it came down to it, it was really my unit telling me they were on top of it when they weren’t. The only way I finally got my release was to reach out to my readiness NCO every other day or so. Wish ya’ll the best of luck. Those conditional releases on last 90 days.
Yep, that's pretty much what we've been going through. We submitted it January 8th and it sat on the training NCO's desk for a month. He forgot it was there apparently. I'm glad you got it all worked out! You must be one of the lucky ones. As for the 90 days, our recruiter put the release on January 1st because we graduate in December. My husband gets out of the guard may 23rd anyway. It'll just be hard to start paying my college loans without active pay.

txagbq16

Checking in! Second time applying for SNFO! Hopefully I improved my astb scores enough to get selected!
First time astb: 52 5/3/5
Second: 54 6/6/6
Gpa: 3.27, B.S in Economics
Another Aggie? Maybe we can expand our cult some more lol. What year did you/are you going to graduate?

ccb18

I've searched through a handful of threads and can't seem to find a consistent description of how auto-select works. A friend of mine who has already graduated was told by a recruiter that if you are above a certain ASTB and GPA threshold you will be auto-selected about a week before the board convenes. Does anyone know if this only true for people who have already graduated or does it also work this way for those of us who are still in school but will be graduating before the board meets?

If not auto-selected what is the timeline to hearing your PRO-REC status? Based on the 7 FEB board it seems that most people found out in 1-2 weeks after the board met. Is that pretty typical or does it vary for every board?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I've searched through a handful of threads and can't seem to find a consistent description of how auto-select works. A friend of mine who has already graduated was told by a recruiter that if you are above a certain ASTB and GPA threshold you will be auto-selected about a week before the board convenes. Does anyone know if this only true for people who have already graduated or does it also work this way for those of us who are still in school but will be graduating before the board meets?

If not auto-selected what is the timeline to hearing your PRO-REC status? Based on the 7 FEB board it seems that most people found out in 1-2 weeks after the board met. Is that pretty typical or does it vary for every board?

What did your recruiter say about the auto select process?

bdepaola

Was informed today by my recruiter that the board has been pushed up to April 19th. Good luck to you all and God Bless.
This is the new board convene date or the new application deadline? My recruiter is on leave so I can't confirm with him. Since I know "ask your recruiter" is like the #1 response