• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Was informed today by my recruiter that the board has been pushed up to April 19th. Good luck to you all and God Bless.

I was told the same thing by my recruiter on Friday. He said that there would be another board convening in April, for those that are available to ship ASAP, and that the original May board would still convene. That’s how bad Big Navy’s needing pilots. However, I heard that news Friday and my OR said that this was just the word going around. News may have changed since then, but I thought I’d throw in what I’ve heard.

Seniuram

I was told the same thing by my recruiter on Friday. He said that there would be another board convening in April, for those that are available to ship ASAP, and that the original May board would still convene. That’s how bad Big Navy’s needing pilots. However, I heard that news Friday and my OR said that this was just the word going around. News may have changed since then, but I thought I’d throw in what I’ve heard.
Good to know. I did hear “word” back in March that this might happen but I did not want to post because at that point it was still a rumor.

bdepaola

I just called someone. They said it came out in an email and it is an immediate selection board for only certain applicants. You need to have at least a 7/7/7, 50 OAR, over a 3.50 GPA, and able to ship within 60 days. It will not change the May 23 board convene date.

exNavyOffRec

You should really read other threads on this forum, the USN has no issues getting pilots, there is no shortage at all of getting people to apply or even to ship to OCS, the number of accession numbers has remained fairly steady over the past 10 years. If there was indeed an issue getting new pilots then you wouldn't see people getting rejected!

The only issue is the one that has existed for years, and that is a retention issue, one Naval Aviators complete their obligation many want to go commercial, or tired of deployments, etc.....

retention issue =/= accession issue.

EricDunne

I just called someone. They said it came out in an email and it is an immediate selection board for only certain applicants. You need to have at least a 7/7/7, 50 OAR, over a 3.50 GPA, and able to ship within 60 days. It will not change the May 23 board convene date.
Well then it won’t apply to me cause I’m 7/7/6 60 3.53?

You should really read other threads on this forum, the USN has no issues getting pilots, there is no shortage at all of getting people to apply or even to ship to OCS, the number of accession numbers has remained fairly steady over the past 10 years. If there was indeed an issue getting new pilots then you wouldn't see people getting rejected!

The only issue is the one that has existed for years, and that is a retention issue, one Naval Aviators complete their obligation many want to go commercial, or tired of deployments, etc.....

retention issue =/= accession issue.

That makes sense. I was quoting my OR when I spoke of the Navy hurting for pilots. Should’ve read around more before saying that and I apologize.

exNavyOffRec

That makes sense. I was quoting my OR when I spoke of the Navy hurting for pilots. Should’ve read around more before saying that and I apologize.

My guess would be that his NRD is hurting for SNA application in order to make their goal for the year or he was given only part of the information, often in recruiting people like to keep secrets.

In addition there are only so many spots to go around and as long as the USN makes their goal they don't care if one NRD doubles their goal and another misses their goal.

cte27

I found out that I will not be able to submit my packet by the 4/13 deadline, so I'll have to wait until the next board unfortunately.

Jamie_D

I found out that I will not be able to submit my packet by the 4/13 deadline, so I'll have to wait until the next board unfortunately.
I'm sorry to hear that! I know how you feel. This is my third time trying and finally got it. Best of luck to you in the next board!

Minuchy1023

Checking in, submitted my package March 19. Can't wait for this board!

School: University of Wisconsin-Madison
GPA: 3.4
Major: BBA Operations Tech Management; Environmental Studies
Applying: 1) SNA, 2) Supply, 3) SNFO
ASTB: 56 7/6/8
Waivers: Drug, 4 years ago