• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 May 18 Pilot/NFO Selection Board

Sparty1991

Wha

What unit? I was a Scout Sniper with 1/7 out in 29Palms from 2009-2013.
I was in 2nd Fleet antiterrorism security team from 2010 until 2013 in Newport news, viriginia at the naval weapons station there and then I was in 1/8 camo lejuene from 2013 to 2014. I didn't really do shit in 1/8 though. I didn't have enough time to deploy but they still sent me out to CAX with them. I'm sure 21 palms is better if you're stationed there but man that shit sucked both times I went there.

Lukess

I was in 2nd Fleet antiterrorism security team from 2010 until 2013 in Newport news, viriginia at the naval weapons station there and then I was in 1/8 camo lejuene from 2013 to 2014. I didn't really do shit in 1/8 though. I didn't have enough time to deploy but they still sent me out to CAX with them. I'm sure 21 palms is better if you're stationed there but man that shit sucked both times I went there.
Nope. That’s the devils asshole and will always be the land of broken hearts and dreams. I was stationed in a shit hole, deployed to shit hole Afghan, then came back to the same shit hole. You ever seen the enlistment rates for the 7th Marines??? Haha, after my last deployment nobody reenlisted, the ones that did were going somewhere else, fuckin battalion was at like 30% or some shit. I was 20yrs old, team leader encouraged me to get the fuck out and get my education......and here I am trying to slide back in.

Sparty1991

Nope. That’s the devils asshole and will always be the land of broken hearts and dreams. I was stationed in a shit hole, deployed to shit hole Afghan, then came back to the same shit hole. You ever seen the enlistment rates for the 7th Marines??? Haha, after my last deployment nobody reenlisted, the ones that did were going somewhere else, fuckin battalion was at like 30% or some shit. I was 20yrs old, team leader encouraged me to get the fuck out and get my education......and here I am trying to slide back in.
Hahaha yeah I can identify. I was so ready to get out. When I joined I thought I was going to iraq, then that ship sailed. Thought I was going to Afghan but messed my arm up and that ship sailed then I had a kid and they started sending me to all these pointless field ops so I was done. But just like you here I am trying to go back. But the lifestyle is drastically different between an infantry unit and the Navy. They never cared about family life or even really the individual. At least in my case. But they paid for degree and I got to travel a shit ton so I've got no complaints about my time in.

Lukess

Hahaha yeah I can identify. I was so ready to get out. When I joined I thought I was going to iraq, then that ship sailed. Thought I was going to Afghan but messed my arm up and that ship sailed then I had a kid and they started sending me to all these pointless field ops so I was done. But just like you here I am trying to go back. But the lifestyle is drastically different between an infantry unit and the Navy. They never cared about family life or even really the individual. At least in my case. But they paid for degree and I got to travel a shit ton so I've got no complaints about my time in.
True. I’m sure if we’re given the opportunity to continue our service to country in the Navy...it would be a night and day difference. But yeah bro, never in my life have I ever experienced a phase like that...probably never again. Mixed feelings on my end because I was happy the whole time even if 99% of the time I was I was feeling, thinking, eating the word “fuck”. I’d do that shit all over again in a heart beat if it was with the same group of dudes. Its like a camping trip, but you get helo night inserts and get to shoot people.

Sparty1991

True. I’m sure if we’re given the opportunity to continue our service to country in the Navy...it would be a night and day difference. But yeah bro, never in my life have I ever experienced a phase like that...probably never again. Mixed feelings on my end because I was happy the whole time even if 99% of the time I was I was feeling, thinking, eating the word “fuck”. I’d do that shit all over again in a heart beat if it was with the same group of dudes. Its like a camping trip, but you get helo night inserts and get to shoot people.
The people is always what made the time in. I think that goes for any branch. I don't have any friends left over from younger days but I'm still in touch with everyone from my platoons.