• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

Dewse5150

If you got PROREC'd for this board, expect to ship as soon as early March. You better have the best reason in the world if you cannot ship so soon. Recruiters are being pressured to have their Pilot / NFO selects ship to the soonest OCS classes. The first 30 applicants who ship ASAP, that respective recruiter / NRD will receive a goal (quota) reduction.
Does this apply to active duty also?

Dewse5150

Likely not. A lot easier shipping someone off the streets in a few weeks than an active duty Sailor who likely has a family, etc.
I thought families stay at your current duty station while you are at ocs, so I would think PRD would be a bigger issue.

Anson Rosewall

Sure am. Worked out of the recruiters in New Jersey. I'm hoping that's the reason for the hold up. I'm happy as hell for everyone being picked but I'm Starting to feel like the last kid picked at gym class
Got it, I worked with the NY recruitment office. Good luck, and hopefully we find out tomorrow morning Nicholas.

JoeLight

If you got PROREC'd for this board, expect to ship as soon as early March. You better have the best reason in the world if you cannot ship so soon. Recruiters are being pressured to have their Pilot / NFO selects ship to the soonest OCS classes. The first 30 applicants who ship ASAP, that respective recruiter / NRD will receive a goal (quota) reduction.
Oh man, I hope these acceptance rates stay high. Really sucks I can't apply till I get my GPA up.

Do you think these acceptance rates will stay this way through September 2017?

Does anyone have any information on boards happening after August 2017? I looked at the FY17 spreadsheet RUFiO181 posted but the last board PILOT / NFO board I see is for 19-Jun-2017.

AJ18

Oh man, I hope these acceptance rates stay high. Really sucks I can't apply till I get my GPA up.

Do you think these acceptance rates will stay this way through September 2017?

Does anyone have any information on boards happening after August 2017? I looked at the FY17 spreadsheet RUFiO181 posted but the last board PILOT / NFO board I see is for 19-Jun-2017.
How were you able to receive your engineering degree with a 2.0? any ABET accredit engineering degree requires at minimum 2.5? Nice stats though!

JoeLight

How were you able to receive your engineering degree with a 2.0? any ABET accredit engineering degree requires at minimum 2.5? Nice stats though!
1st reason is because they did not count the F's that I transferred in. As far as how my college calculates the GPA, it is higher according to my college because they do not count / forgive previous F's if you repeat a course. I have a 3.3 according to my college lol. In the private world they'll take it as is :D

The GPA I listed however is based on the way the Navy calculates it (count everything). Speaking of which if I took courses that had nothing to do with my major at a different college and failed them, do I still need to count them as part of my calculation? Say they were just random classes that were outside my major. Because if I did not have to include these, I'd have above a 3.0.