• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
I've been creeping on this site for a while and finally made an account. Also waiting on this board. I spent four years in the Marines before I saw the light. Is anyone aware if this one board reviews applicants from all over the country or if it is divided geographically?

From my understanding, it's not subdivided. Everyone that applied to this board across the whole country (civilians, current service members, priors and all) are piled in. Same with all the other boards.

Nceth90

From my understanding, it's not subdivided. Everyone that applied to this board across the whole country (civilians, current service members, priors and all) are piled in. Same with all the other boards.

Cool thanks. I know they have posted numbers of the Navy's needs for FY 17 and it's divided by occupation. I was just curious if those numbers pertained to certain recruiting areas or across the country. Either way, fingers crossed.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
I imagine results get handed down through recruiting districts though. Obviously, take all that with a grain of salt ;)

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
Cool thanks. I know they have posted numbers of the Navy's needs for FY 17 and it's divided by occupation. I was just curious if those numbers pertained to certain recruiting areas or across the country. Either way, fingers crossed.

Yeah I asked my recruiter the same thing. He told me what I just told you. They have a quota for each position for the FY and they (usually) try to spread the selects across the scheduled boards. I'd double check with a moderator here though. Rufio will know for sure

TheFlyingViking

So I think I figured it out, they meet on a date and then they go ahead and select the best candidates first and let them know right away. As the week progresses they probably filter the rest.

If they only meet on one day and it encompasses the entire nation, it makes no sense why it takes different times. If you notice, the two people that got selected have relatively high scores so maybe that's why they heard first. Maybe this theory is crap, but I'm just throwing it out there.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
So I think I figured it out, they meet on a date and then they go ahead and select the best candidates first and let them know right away. As the week progresses they probably filter the rest.

If they only meet on one day and it encompasses the entire nation, it makes no sense why it takes different times. If you notice, the two people that got selected have relatively high scores so maybe that's why they heard first. Maybe this theory is crap, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Sounds plausible. I'm sure we will hear how it actually goes soon enough from someone in the know lol

Buster95

pilot

I think they filter it by recruiting districts. All kits get reviewed at Naval Recruiting Command (NRC) and then get sent down to the various Naval Recruiting Districts (NRDs) which then get sent down to the processors, then to the recruiters, and finally to us. I think it ultimately depends on each NRD, since the two pro-recs were both from NRD Atlanta.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
I think they filter it by recruiting districts. All kits get reviewed at Naval Recruiting Command (NRC) and then get sent down to the various Naval Recruiting Districts (NRDs) which then get sent down to the processors, then to the recruiters, and finally to us. I think it ultimately depends on each NRD, since the two pro-recs were both from NRD Atlanta.

I noticed that too. Good point. I'm in NRD Nashville. I'm assuming you're NRD Florida?

TheFlyingViking

That sounds more likely! So since I'm in NRD Portland, if they sent it via snail mail, I'll see my results sometime in December XD XD

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
NRD Nashville as well man. You go to the station at Grassmere??
Nice to meet you bud! Where are you from?
I did my whole recruit process through MEPS Little Rock. That's where my recruiting office is, as well as the only ASTB station in the state. I got lucky and got to save myself a few 5-6 hour drives. Lol