• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

smith1787

Future SNFO
that would be incredibly painful
Submission date of July, and expected results somewhere between October 1st and December 1st. Those threads on Airwarriors are ridiculous, I think the 2010 STA-21 thread on here got to 262 pages by the end of it all.

Welsham

Submission date of July, and expected results somewhere between October 1st and December 1st. Those threads on Airwarriors are ridiculous, I think the 2008 STA-21 thread on here got to some ridiculous amount of pages.
I just read into that program a bit. sounds like a very good program for enlisted sailors but I could die of anxiety waiting for those results lol

smith1787

Future SNFO
It used to be a really good program for prior enlisted, they trimmed so much of it that the selection rate for anything besides Nuke was nil. There was very little patience involved in that thread it was pissed off people going nuts, and that thread was full of trolls giving people heart attacks. someone would go post that results were out and damn near crash the NPC website, people calling their commands demanding answers. funny and not funny too.

Welsham

It used to be a really good program for prior enlisted, they trimmed so much of it that the selection rate for anything besides Nuke was nil. There was very little patience involved in that thread it was pissed off people going nuts, and that thread was full of trolls giving people heart attacks. someone would go post that results were out and damn near crash the NPC website, people calling their commands demanding answers. funny and not funny too.
that's some mega trolling lol is that program still in effect or has it been cut?

Gibsonrick83

Haha yeah definitely funny as a bystander, not funny if you're directly involved. That would drive me nuts. It has been a year now since my first meeting with a local recruiter. But in all honesty, I'm really glad that it has taken a long time. A lot has changed in the interim period and I feel like I've grown up a lot and learned more valuable lessons. I know I'll always be learning more, so I figure the older I am going into this, the more ready I'll be. Besides, this time spent right now is small in comparison to the time I'll spend on the job should I be selected. I'll look back on this time with thankfulness, I believe.

smith1787

Future SNFO
that's some mega trolling lol is that program still in effect or has it been cut?

Its still around, the first year I submitted for it there about 25o total selections, the next year was 75, and then my last year was 50 total, of which I think 30 were Nukes.

Welsham

Haha yeah definitely funny as a bystander, not funny if you're directly involved. That would drive me nuts. It has been a year now since my first meeting with a local recruiter. But in all honesty, I'm really glad that it has taken a long time. A lot has changed in the interim period and I feel like I've grown up a lot and learned more valuable lessons. I know I'll always be learning more, so I figure the older I am going into this, the more ready I'll be. Besides, this time spent right now is small in comparison to the time I'll spend on the job should I be selected. I'll look back on this time with thankfulness, I believe.
That's definitely a good way to look at it. I'm hoping this next week or so passes quick, we get some PROREC Y's and can all go to the bar in Newport.

Gibsonrick83

That's definitely a good way to look at it. I'm hoping this next week or so passes quick, we get some PROREC Y's and can all go to the bar in Newport.
Hahaha wouldn't that be nice? Although by the time we're at the candidate officer phase, none of us will have had a drink for at least a couple of months. And in the OCS giant book my OR gave me to study, we're allowed 1 drink per hour and a max of 3 when we're on liberty in Newport during that phase. I would imagine that even 1 drink will get me pretty tipsy. Can't imagine what 3 would do haha. I'd like to avoid returning to base drunk, don't want to meet any DIs or RDCs in that state haha.

Los_23

Hahaha wouldn't that be nice? Although by the time we're at the candidate officer phase, none of us will have had a drink for at least a couple of months. And in the OCS giant book my OR gave me to study, we're allowed 1 drink per hour and a max of 3 when we're on liberty in Newport during that phase. I would imagine that even 1 drink will get me pretty tipsy. Can't imagine what 3 would do haha. I'd like to avoid returning to base drunk, don't want to meet any DIs or RDCs in that state haha.
OCS Giant Book?

Welsham

Yeah that will be a big change! Unless we all get there early and go out. If we don't we will be a bunch of lightweights lol

Gibsonrick83

OCS Giant Book?
I should have been more descriptive. It's a huge PDF file that he gave me to study up. Everything from mission statement and rules of OCS to all the necessary appendices, including Appendix B for memorization. How to layout the rack in just such a way, how to make the bed, how to prepare for inspections, etc. I had it printed out and bound at Staples so now it's a "book." It's 246 pages long! There is a whole bunch of other relevant information in it, too. Appendix B is really what I've been focusing on, for now.

Gibsonrick83

Yeah that will be a big change! Unless we all get there early and go out. If we don't we will be a bunch of lightweights lol
Ah true. Could always arrive a few days early. I probably will but I guess it depends how quickly we can turnaround and get our FINSEL forms assuming we get the PRO-RECs from the board. I still have to give my 2 weeks and pack up my place here in Florida and all that. Time may be short.

Welsham

Ah true. Could always arrive a few days early. I probably will but I guess it depends how quickly we can turnaround and get our FINSEL forms assuming we get the PRO-RECs from the board. I still have to give my 2 weeks and pack up my place here in Florida and all that. Time may be short.
I'm in the same boat. I'll have to put in my 2 weeks as well. Luckily my girlfriend will still be living at our apartment so I don't have to worry about packing up.

Gibsonrick83

I'm in the same boat. I'll have to put in my 2 weeks as well. Luckily my girlfriend will still be living at our apartment so I don't have to worry about packing up.
Oh yeah that's convenient! I'm sure that will be tough being away for the few months and more. But hey at least we can write snail mail while we're there.