• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

Welsham

Since it's not exactly running weather there now, I know there's a couple indoor tracks in Renton and one in Issaquah as well as Kirkland (maybe, it's been a while), but I'm not sure of any in Seattle proper. Hope you get some good runs in with all that snow
only place to run in MN right now is a few indoor domes where I live, theyre only like 35-45 degrees though... better than a treadmill!

Gibsonrick83

that's exactly how I feel! haha

are you guys all working to pass the time? if so what do you all do?
Sorry for the late arrival! Been lurking for almost a year just a bit after my first meeting with a recruiter, decided to finally make an account. I'm anxiously awaiting the results as you all are! But I have had a job at a university academic library for over a year now, so I've been trying to keep busy with that and school to make the time go more quickly. Also running and doing the usually PT activities most days of the week. Trying to spend time with friends, too, of course.

msv123

MVaughn123
Since it's not exactly running weather there now, I know there's a couple indoor tracks in Renton and one in Issaquah as well as Kirkland (maybe, it's been a while), but I'm not sure of any in Seattle proper. Hope you get some good runs in with all that snow
Honestly it only snows here like two days per year. Otherwise its usually just cold and/or rainy and im used to that. And theres treadmills at my gym if im feeling reclusive although i do more swimming than running to keep my cardio up.

TheFlyingViking

Been trying to hit the PRT 3 times a week. I'm at a 9:00 1.5 mile, but I'm worried about my push-up form to the point where I'm taking video trying to correct it so the DI's don't deduct 20 for each bad one I do.

Other than that, just trying to eat right and get in the best shape of my life like the rest of y'all.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
Honestly it only snows here like two days per year. Otherwise its usually just cold and/or rainy and im used to that. And theres treadmills at my gym if im feeling reclusive although i do more swimming than running to keep my cardio up.
Heard that. I used to live there.

Gibsonrick83

Been trying to hit the PRT 3 times a week. I'm at a 9:00 1.5 mile, but I'm worried about my push-up form to the point where I'm taking video trying to correct it so the DI's don't deduct 20 for each bad one I do.

Other than that, just trying to eat right and get in the best shape of my life like the rest of y'all.
You'll be fine. Plenty of time left and it's amazing what the human body can adjust to when it doesn't have a choice haha. I was a swimmer all through graduation from college and if that showed me anything, it's that a human can withstand extended hours of punishment day in and day out for months and months at a time, if the correct pressure is exerted. It really is kind of spectacular about us. Then again, I once pointed my foot the wrong way and dislocated my knee, leading to two surgeries a year later, so...haha

TheFlyingViking

You'll be fine. Plenty of time left and it's amazing what the human body can adjust to when it doesn't have a choice haha. I was a swimmer all through graduation from college and if that showed me anything, it's that a human can withstand extended hours of punishment day in and day out for months and months at a time, if the correct pressure is exerted. It really is kind of spectacular about us. Then again, I once pointed my foot the wrong way and dislocated my knee, leading to two surgeries a year later, so...haha
Dude I know, I've been maxing out the vitamins and pushing myself to the limit with exercise. Even if I'm sick I'll head in because I'll probably get sick at OCS so it's good practice.

msv123

MVaughn123
I was on the rowing team four years in college and understand the phenomena/pain. Lol

Nicholas Ladolcetta

So in the spirit of getting to know each other. Without getting your hopes up. What would be your aircraft wishlist if we all get that far?

Let's go with top three airframes.

Mine would be:
1. F/a-18 or whatever fast mover we got going on at that time
2. C-130s
3. H-60s. Big change on that one I know but I find helicopters to be pretty badass also

TheFlyingViking

So in the spirit of getting to know each other. Without getting your hopes up. What would be your aircraft wishlist if we all get that far?

Let's go with top three airframes.

Mine would be:
1. F/a-18 or whatever fast mover we got going on at that time
2. C-130s
3. H-60s. Big change on that one I know but I find helicopters to be pretty badass also
I would LOVE jets, but I would love flying pretty much anything. And ya, helicopters are awesome!!!! If I could have my pick, maybe the F-35? (After they fix the bugs)

Nicholas Ladolcetta

I would LOVE jets, but I would love flying pretty much anything. And ya, helicopters are awesome!!!! If I could have my pick, maybe the F-35? (After they fix the bugs)

Yea I feel like we're a dime a dozen trying to get jets. Thanks top gun. But honestly I think that's the best mindset to be in. Go to flight school striving for the most competitive to get airframe but being content with whatever you end up with. That's how I feel as well