• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

Nicholas Ladolcetta

Really? I did expect late feb....at the november board I heard my results around two week later so I expected basically the same timeframe here. But a delay with our board surprises me because I've read other boards were pushed back to pave the way for aviation, so I was expected results to be released early if anything.

Either way I'm not too mad. I just got cut orders for airborne school that I was planning on turning down--expecting results to be in by then. Guess I'll be learning how to abandon ship before I learn how to fly.

Welsham

Not to be a Debby downer, but I just spoke with my processor and she said they are looking to release results around the very end of February and early march. She didn't specify why there was such a delay, but I really hope they release results a frick ton sooner.

Can anyone counter this?
I also hope this is not valid, I was hoping we'd get results quick and then ocs in march. Maybe that's too optimistic!

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Not to be a Debby downer, but I just spoke with my processor and she said they are looking to release results around the very end of February and early march. She didn't specify why there was such a delay, but I really hope they release results a frick ton sooner.

Can anyone counter this?

I would very highly doubt this. The word from NOPO/NRC is that for the next few months SNA/SNFO slots for OCS are undermanned, and that applicants from this board and the April board should expect to ship very quickly.

When I'm in the office tomorrow I'll check with my recruiter and processor and see if they have any word on results.

Nicholas Ladolcetta

I understand the anxiety. I've felt a lot of it in the past....two years or so trying to be a pilot. This being in limbo stage is for the birds. But in the long run, once we're winged, this extra month or so won't mean anything to us over the course of our careers. We're more than likely not even going to remember it.

fx4Justin

Can anyone counter this?
I seem to remember these processors giving bad information before. Check back to page 4 of this thread. They said that the date had not changed from 23 JAN when, in fact it had. I would just go with the average that we have seen in the past, seems to be around 2 weeks. Still a long wait in my mind!

Pianistwithwings

Grumpy Cat
None
I would just like to point out that February is a short month with less than 3 weeks left, and getting a answer from the board and a ocs class date is two different things. In short there will be more waiting.

Los_23

There have been times in the past that results were put out a couple of days after the board. So I guess there is a little hope for less wait time than last board. lol

Buster95

pilot
I think last year's February board had about a two day wait, which is pretty good. The recent news about quick turnover rates for OCS dates may help too.

LcTex

Lockheed lineage
From what I understand: there's the one week board followed by roughly a 1-2 week turnaround for results to be posted. So late February or early March makes sense. We've all made it this far. 2-3 weeks is nothing compared to the 6+ months that a lot of us have been waiting. Stay busy prepping yourself for OCS in the mean time and it'll go by before you know it! I hope to be there with you guys in the end, so keep your heads up and stay ready!