• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

Squirtle

Has anyone else heard about the possibility of having to leave soon after selection?

I was hoping Final Select would take at least a month or two, as I want to wait and see if I am selected for the Air Force Rated board that releases in mid March.

koliver

Has anyone else heard about the possibility of having to leave soon after selection?

I was hoping Final Select would take at least a month or two, as I want to wait and see if I am selected for the Air Force Rated board that releases in mid March.
Didn't you have a choice on your app to select when you could leave? I know I did.

Squirtle

I did not have a choice to select when to leave. I'm a civilian applying through an officer recruiter if that helps.

How long after receiving Final Select do you have to sign it? As in, when they tell me it's ready, could I postpone signing until a week or two to have enough time to hear back from the Air Force boards?

exNavyOffRec

I did not have a choice to select when to leave. I'm a civilian applying through an officer recruiter if that helps.

How long after receiving Final Select do you have to sign it? As in, when they tell me it's ready, could I postpone signing until a week or two to have enough time to hear back from the Air Force boards?

actually yes you did to a point, there is a space that says "date available" you put the earliest date you can go to OCS, anytime after that you are expected to go when needed.

delaying signing has nothing to do when you go to OCS, the FS letter arrives with a date for you to go, you either go or you decline.

TheFlyingViking

Any word on Quotas or how many slots vs. people applied for this cycle?
Also, does anyone know when BOL will reflect Advancement Board updates?
I would also like to know this. The may 2016 selection rate for SNA was 59% of a total 149 applications or so. And SNFO was like 52% of around the same number. I would REALLY like to know the November board selection rates and stats.

Squirtle

actually yes you did to a point, there is a space that says "date available" you put the earliest date you can go to OCS, anytime after that you are expected to go when needed.

delaying signing has nothing to do when you go to OCS, the FS letter arrives with a date for you to go, you either go or you decline.
How long do I have to decline? Also, how long lately does it take FINSEL to be generated? If it takes them at least a month, I should be good.

It's not that I don't want to do Naval OCS, it's that it would be wise for me to see what all my options are before moving forward. If it came down it and they needed me to commit before the USAF boards are released, I would. I wouldn't turn down a guaranteed invite now for a possible later, but hopefully it won't have to come to that.