• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

msv123

MVaughn123
Fingers crossed that my recruiter got my SNA package late-submitted for this board. He was optimistic.

ASTB: 62, 7/6/7
College: Washington State, BBA in Finance/Economics, 3.18
Non prior, 24 y.o.
Currently dual-processing through enlisted route. In DEP, contract for nuke.

TheFlyingViking

Fingers crossed that my recruiter got my SNA package late-submitted for this board. He was optimistic.

Non prior, 24 y.o.
Same here, I'm going nuke if I don't get picked up this round. I'll just keep applying while in A school.

Your Oar is good for sure! I would say you have as good a chance as the rest of us!!! Good luck man!

exNavyOffRec

Non prior, 24 y.o.

with your ASTB scores why did you dual process? If you have a decent GPA and ASTB you don't go enlisted if you want to be an officer!

they rarely accept late application, just in the past few weeks there have been a few people that have posted how they missed the board because their application was submitted late by a few days.

msv123

MVaughn123
with your ASTB scores why did you dual process? If you have a decent GPA and ASTB you don't go enlisted if you want to be an officer!

they rarely accept late application, just in the past few weeks there have been a few people that have posted how they missed the board because their application was submitted late by a few days.

I made the decision to dual process before I took the ASTB. The recruiters made my chances sound grim since I have a relatively low GPA for a non-STEM degree.

I'll wait to see what my recruiter says about the package being accepted for this board or not. He sounded optimistic that the people he reports to would get it in but I haven't received firm confirmation.

exNavyOffRec

I made the decision to dual process before I took the ASTB. The recruiters made my chances sound grim since I have a relatively low GPA for a non-STEM degree.

I'll wait to see what my recruiter says about the package being accepted for this board or not. He sounded optimistic that the people he reports to would get it in but I haven't received firm confirmation.

actually SNA doesn't care about STEM degree and your GPA is more than fine, it is mostly about the ASTB and yours is good, if he didn't get it in to the board in time he kind of screwed you, not to mention he gave you bad info about your degree and GPA.

msv123

MVaughn123
actually SNA doesn't care about STEM degree and your GPA is more than fine, it is mostly about the ASTB and yours is good, if he didn't get it in to the board in time he kind of screwed you, not to mention he gave you bad info about your degree and GPA.
Noted. Well if he didnt get it in time then ill just wait for the next board. NBD

TheFlyingViking

Noted. Well if he didnt get it in time then ill just wait for the next board. NBD
So for example, my GPA is AWFUL, so enlisting first isn't a bad option for me even though my flight scores are good. If I had your OAR score and GPA, I wouldn't take any guff from a recruiter saying you don't have good chances. I wonder why he thought your chances are grim with your scores?

msv123

MVaughn123
So for example, my GPA is AWFUL, so enlisting first isn't a bad option for me even though my flight scores are good. If I had your OAR score and GPA, I wouldn't take any guff from a recruiter saying you don't have good chances. I wonder why he thought your chances are grim with your scores?
He told me that before i took the ASTB. He told me to study my ass off and score high if I want him to put my package through. Lol.

Brandon Jenkins

Might be out of the loop. I heard from navy recruiting command that the board meets either 6 or 7th of feb for SNA/SNFO OCS selection. Just was confused by the title of this thread. Any info is much appreciated.
Brandon