• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

I have been emailing Ted Williams who is the civilian processor at OCS. He said that he confirmed with the officer that is running the board that the date has changed for the pilot/NFO board to February 6th. It seems that there has been some back and forth regarding the exact date. Anyone hear possible quotas for this board??

jnav3

I have been emailing Ted Williams who is the civilian processor at OCS. He said that he confirmed with the officer that is running the board that the date has changed for the pilot/NFO board to February 6th. It seems that there has been some back and forth regarding the exact date. Anyone hear possible quotas for this board??
I was told that packages are due NLT 06JAN and that the board will convene 06FEB. just checking if anyone else has heard the same? I plan on having my package in within the next 2 weeks just to be safe.

I thought they cleared up this date confusion a page ago on this very thread.

I just heard the same from the Processor.

Are you sure they didn't confuse it with the SWO board? They told me the same thing but when I talked to another processor, they said it was still 23 Jan..

I thought they cleared up this date confusion a page ago on this very thread.
If it is indeed the 23rd, that would be wonderful. I felt that there was still some confusion. I also thought who better would know when the board would convene besides the processors at OCS. I would think that it is quite possible with the holidays that there would be some confusion.

exNavyOffRec

If it is indeed the 23rd, that would be wonderful. I felt that there was still some confusion. I also thought who better would know when the board would convene besides the processors at OCS. I would think that it is quite possible with the holidays that there would be some confusion.

NRC processors rarely have the correct information, it is like asking an E-3 about port visits for the deployment that starts next year. The processor is essentially the lowest paid and lowest person in the chain of command at NRC, they do vital work, but often out of the loop.

There have been MANY times where they have said a board hadn't started yet but the director of OCS was emailing out results, or where they said a board was in progress but I had just walked out of a meeting with the senior member.

There is info from the processors that is correct, but until your OR lets you know then go with your OR, the reason is the OR's get their info often from the OACR/OPS who gets is directly from the senior officers doing the schedule changes.

Triumph4life

I submitted my package a couple weeks ago and have been on leave out of the country since I submitted. I haven't received any confirmation email..... is that normal? or am I out for this board.

Welsham

I submitted my package a couple weeks ago and have been on leave out of the country since I submitted. I haven't received any confirmation email..... is that normal? or am I out for this board.
Its normal, I submitted mine in mid November and my OR is handling it all. I didn't personally get an email, but the OR did. I'd call yours and confirm

Here are my stats, btw:

2.91 GPA, Hillsdale College: Politics, History (May 2016)
48 OAR 5/5/4

If I get this, I think I'll be on the lower end.

My recruiter told me that Hillsdale College is a Tier 1 school. I have no idea what that means. Does the board weight GPA's differently based on the school?

exNavyOffRec

Here are my stats, btw:

2.91 GPA, Hillsdale College: Politics, History (May 2016)
48 OAR 5/5/4

If I get this, I think I'll be on the lower end.

My recruiter told me that Hillsdale College is a Tier 1 school. I have no idea what that means. Does the board weight GPA's differently based on the school?

Your scores are going to hurt you, is the 4 your AQR? If so all your scores are the minimum.

I would study and get ready to retake.

Nicholas Ladolcetta

Just checking in as well. I, like a few others on this thread submitted my packet for the November board, and was tabled for the next one. I've been studying a lot lately and would have preferred being denied so I can retake my ASTB and bump my scores up but well here I am, hoping for the best. Also could've gotten some better recommendation letters. An o-6 and 0-5 in my unit are now available, who weren't at the time I first built my packet. Also I met the nephew of Jesse Brown, who might be able to introduce me to Thomas Hudner (if you guys don't know these names just google them--great story and historic moment in Naval Aviation). Imagine having a recommendation letter from him!!!

Anyways, Good luck to all!

Stats:
BS: Psychology, Criminal Justice GPA: 2.81
MA: Forensic Psychology (in progress) GPA 3.3
Prior Service: Army Reserves E-5 SGT (current, got conditional release)
ASTB/OAR: 5/6/5 52

exNavyOffRec

Just checking in as well. I, like a few others on this thread submitted my packet for the November board, and was tabled for the next one. I've been studying a lot lately and would have preferred being denied so I can retake my ASTB and bump my scores up but well here I am, hoping for the best. Also could've gotten some better recommendation letters. An o-6 and 0-5 in my unit are now available, who weren't at the time I first built my packet. Also I met the nephew of Jesse Brown, who might be able to introduce me to Thomas Hudner (if you guys don't know these names just google them--great story and historic moment in Naval Aviation). Imagine having a recommendation letter from him!!!

Anyways, Good luck to all!

Stats:
BS: Psychology, Criminal Justice GPA: 2.81
MA: Forensic Psychology (in progress) GPA 3.3
Prior Service: Army Reserves E-5 SGT (current, got conditional release)
ASTB/OAR: 5/6/5 52

your ASTB and GPA is really all that matters.