• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

I will post my stats a little later, finishing up my package.
With regards to the miscellaneous documents section, what should be included in this section. I only have my MTS certificate, Eagle Scout, and letter from the White House congratulating me on my Eagle Scout. Not sure what other documents to include that would be worthwhile to put into this section.
Let me know with any advice you all have.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
Hey Justin. I am interested to know what position you are applying for? It seems that both you and I have the same number of years in service so are you applying for NFO or AMO? I will be submitting on this cycle as well for NFO but my age seems to be the limiting factor on the next cycle. Any advice?
Also, I am friends with Zach Dotson. He mentions that you where a former student of his. Hope this are well and good luck. Hope to see you when we get picked up.
Hey man, Yeah I know Dotson from HS-10, he was a CAT II and I was a CAT I in 2007 and went through the class together... Anyways I am applying for NFO and AMDO. I have an age waiver approved for NFO until Dec 2018 which is 31 years for me. Do you have an age waiver?

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
With regards to the miscellaneous documents section, what should be included in this section. I only have my MTS certificate, Eagle Scout, and letter from the White House congratulating me on my Eagle Scout. Not sure what other documents to include that would be worthwhile to put into this section.
I would include that stuff in the MISC docs for sure!

I would include that stuff in the MISC docs for sure!
I have an age waiver until July 2017 when I turn 31. Just looking to see if there is a possibility of being selected after your 31st birthday. There is a waiver for everything in the Navy. Any other Misc Docs to include?

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
I have an age waiver until July 2017 when I turn 31. Just looking to see if there is a possibility of being selected after your 31st birthday. There is a waiver for everything in the Navy. Any other Misc Docs to include?
You cannot waive the age past the age waiver limits...if you are not selected on this board then NFO may loo longer be an option for you but that doesn't mean that other programs are out of the question...

exNavyOffRec

When it comes to aviation they focus on your ASTB, then GPA, nothing else is really that important, except if you are enlisted then they want to know you aren't a bad sailor.

example, I had several selected with scores of 8 and 9 whose personal statement was one paragraph and they said they want to fly because (childhood dream/family tradition, blah, blah, blah), and I had several that wrote very involved statements who did things like volunteer, captain of college football team, etc....... who had good GPA's but the ASTB was 5 or 6 and they didn't get in.

Dewse5150

When it comes to aviation they focus on your ASTB, then GPA, nothing else is really that important, except if you are enlisted then they want to know you aren't a bad sailor.

example, I had several selected with scores of 8 and 9 whose personal statement was one paragraph and they said they want to fly because (childhood dream/family tradition, blah, blah, blah), and I had several that wrote very involved statements who did things like volunteer, captain of college football team, etc....... who had good GPA's but the ASTB was 5 or 6 and they didn't get in.
Would I be right in assuming you are talking about the PFAR/FOFAR portions of the ASTB?

Ian A

Checking in, good luck to all!

Prior service: E-5/SSgt USAF
Degree: Bachelors of Science in Aeronautics
GPA: 3.5
ASTB-E: 55 7/8/6
LOR's: 3 from O-6 Commanders USAF, 1 from O-5
MEPS cleared, standing by on CO approval.
Flight time 14hrs

jnav3

Checking in for this board! I'm coming from the 14 NOV board, they tabled my kit to be reviewed again for this board.

Buster95

pilot
Checking in for this board! I'm coming from the 14 NOV board, they tabled my kit to be reviewed again for this board.
Did they ever tell you why they moved you? I haven't seen this happen before, until a couple of people on here said they were tabled.

jnav3

Did they ever tell you why they moved you? I haven't seen this happen before, until a couple of people on here said they were tabled.

I asked my OR when he called me and he said the board didn't really specify a reason as to why they did what they did. My OR said he's seen this before but it's very unusual and that I'm the first applicant he's worked with to receive such a response. I couldn't even think of where to start as to guessing why I got such a response...

Buster95

pilot
I asked my OR when he called me and he said the board didn't really specify a reason as to why they did what they did. My OR said he's seen this before but it's very unusual and that I'm the first applicant he's worked with to receive such a response. I couldn't even think of where to start as to guessing why I got such a response...
That's weird, but at least they didn't tell you no! I'm hoping they're doing this because they'll be needing to fill a lot of quotas for our board. Or they expect not many applying due to the holidays or something.

jnav3

That's weird, but at least they didn't tell you no! I'm hoping they're doing this because they'll be needing to fill a lot of quotas for our board. Or they expect not many applying due to the holidays or something.

Yep! The fact that they didn't completely reject me gives me hope. This'll be my 3rd scheduled board, my board has been pushed back twice! Original board was 3 Oct, then 14 Nov, now this board in Jan. Whatever the case may be, I hope it's a PRO REC Y! Best of luck to you and to all on this board!