• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

23 JAN 17 Pilot/NFO Board

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
Checking in for this one...for real! No more routing shenanigans, my package has been confirmed as received by NRC and processed for the board. I got NPQ'd for pilot (eyes...), so it's just going to be NFO. Feeling really good after seeing last board's results. Let's kick some ass. Good luck to you all, I'm rooting for each of you.

My package is awaiting CO approval, OR seems to think it will get approved.. Hoping to hop on this board, been waiting a long time. Stats as follows:
M 27 6'1 165- MEPS passed with shoulder waiver
ASTB-E: 66 8/7/8
LOR's: 3 Navy strike pilots(1 Top Gun instructor) and a college professor
Degree: Soils and Hydrology (BSFR), GPA 3.49 Cum Laude
-Will be applying for SNA

Good luck to all and may the selection rates be as high as they were for the last board!

bmi11er

PRO REC Y SNA
Checking in for this one!

ASTB-E: 53 6/7/8
GPA: 3.20
Degree: Business Admin/Concentration in Finance
LOR: College Professor/Advisor , Current Employer (top 3 largest Insurance Co.), all other employers within last three years.

Applying for SNA/NFO, good luck to everyone else in this board, I know how much we all put into this application kit. Definitely ready get the ball rolling on to the next step.

Dewse5150

Checking in for this one...for real! No more routing shenanigans, my package has been confirmed as received by NRC and processed for the board. I got NPQ'd for pilot (eyes...), so it's just going to be NFO. Feeling really good after seeing last board's results. Let's kick some ass. Good luck to you all, I'm rooting for each of you.
Did they tell you when it cleared for board? I got notification that it was received but not anything about it being cleared for board... I did get cleared for medical though..

exNavyOffRec

My package is awaiting CO approval, OR seems to think it will get approved.. Hoping to hop on this board, been waiting a long time. Stats as follows:
M 27 6'1 165- MEPS passed with shoulder waiver
ASTB-E: 66 8/7/8
LOR's: 3 Navy strike pilots(1 Top Gun instructor) and a college professor
Degree: Soils and Hydrology (BSFR), GPA 3.49 Cum Laude
-Will be applying for SNA

Good luck to all and may the selection rates be as high as they were for the last board!

Are you prior service? if you don't have prior service you are over the age limit.

Triumph4life

I'm also looking to submit for this board. I am retaking the ASTB on the 14th. Didn't do as well as I wanted the first time around 48 4/5/4. I think I blew it at the end with the joystick and throttle. I'm ready to attack it this time around. My package is sitting on my XO's desk waiting for the new scores....

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
Did they tell you when it cleared for board? I got notification that it was received but not anything about it being cleared for board... I did get cleared for medical though..
Sorry, no. I'm taking a "no news is good news" outlook. I was receiving a lot of emails when there were issues to rectify. Now that everything's rectified, I haven't heard anything in a while.

Justin Dowd

HeloGuy87
I'm also looking to submit for this board. I am retaking the ASTB on the 14th. Didn't do as well as I wanted the first time around 48 4/5/4. I think I blew it at the end with the joystick and throttle. I'm ready to attack it this time around. My package is sitting on my XO's desk waiting for the new scores....
Good Luck Bro!

Hey Guys!
Well the time has come. I have been on here for 2 years and now I finally get to apply for OCS. This board is the one I am going to apply for and if I cannot make it then I am going for the April board. My degree doesn't confer until Dec 31st.
I was hoping to get to know some people that are applying for this board. I applied for STA- 21 in 2015 and I am sure I have met some of you from that route. Good luck to all of the Applicants! Here are my Stats.

Name: AWR1 (NAC/AW/IUSS) Justin Dowd
TIS: 11 Years
Evals (Newest to Oldest): #1 of 21 EP, #1 of 28 EP, #2 of 26 EP, #4 of 22 MP, MP
Degree: Bachelors of Science in Management
GPA: 3.65 Cum Laude
ASTB-E: 51 6/7/6
Collateral Duties: Command Career Counselor (9588 NEC earned), Command Sponsor Coordinator, Indoc coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, ESO
PFA: Excellent, Excellent, Excellent
LOR's: 1 CAPT (COS of Naval War College), 1 CDR- Prior CO, 1 LCDR- Ops O
Prior Submission - 2015 STA-21
Volunteer Hours - 150+ (2016)

I am interested in all of your stats and if you have any areas for improvement recommendations for me, I'd love to hear it! Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Hey Justin. I am interested to know what position you are applying for? It seems that both you and I have the same number of years in service so are you applying for NFO or AMO? I will be submitting on this cycle as well for NFO but my age seems to be the limiting factor on the next cycle. Any advice?
Also, I am friends with Zach Dotson. He mentions that you where a former student of his. Hope this are well and good luck. Hope to see you when we get picked up.