• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20th Oct. 2007 OCS Class

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
Just got my final select and class date for OCS. Anyone else selected for Oct. 20th yet??? I'll be driving from Texas... looking forward to a Rhode Island winter :eek:

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Sounds like I should be going to that class. I just called the processor yesterday and was told that I'm PQ'd, I just need one more person to sign the paperwork!

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
Just got sworn in, should hopefully get my orders soon. Trying to access the NKO website, still waiting to have my user name varified by my sponser though... how long does it normally take?

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
There has to be more Final Selects out there for the Oct. 20th (04-08) class... my processor told me this class is completely full as of this past Monday. Be great if everyone started posting so we can start coordinating and making plans.

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Just got my final select letter today, and I'll be in this class as well. Should be a slightly easier drive from Alabama than Texas, but I'm still not looking forward to it. My default plan for Saturday night is to relax and watch the Auburn-LSU game, but if something's going on, I can be there.

wplax26

Gold Club
pilot
None
Contributor
Final Select, Whop Whop!

Just got the final select letter for this class yesterday! Driving from Richmond, VA. See you guys there!! Anybody have a gouge on a grad date yet?

DSJRocha

Hello all, I will also be joining yall in the 20 Oct class. I'll be coming to RI by way of Guam. I'll be on leave in TX for about 2 weeks and then I’ll be flying to RI for the fun. To answer your question about a grad date, my orders read 25 Jan 08 as the grad date. I wouldn’t carve that it stone if you know how the Navy works, but planning to leave around that week and I’d say your safe. Look forward to seeing yall there.

Derek

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Just got the final select letter for this class yesterday! Driving from Richmond, VA. See you guys there!! Anybody have a gouge on a grad date yet?

Just a forewarning. Don't plan on knowing when you'll graduate until about week 6 (P-cola gouge, maybe timing is different in RI). There are a NUMBER of evolutions that could cause you to roll and just because you start with a class does not mean you graduate with that class. This isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world, but it happens. For example, a VERY large number of people in 01 up in RI rolled out for the PFA (19 or so?). By week 6 or so, we were in the midst of academics, had past some of the harder evolutions, and based on our previous performance we were pretty sure we'd make it with our current class.

Best of luck to everyone.

jride200

I'm in ... Recieved word today ... Last medical hurdle cleared ... Professionally Qualified.

My god, this has now been over a year in the making.

I've been leaning towards flying there. If I decide to do this, Could someone rent a portion of their automobile trunk to me?

JR

Jeep_Shark

hey everybody, i also will be attending the 20 october class. Im flying in from California though so i am still not sure how that will work. I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. Also, can anyoen give me some advice or a reference for what to pack and what to do as someone who is flying in instead of driving. I know it sounds like something i shoudl already know but my recruiter has been suprisingly short of information on both of these issues. Thanks

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I'm in ... Recieved word today ... Last medical hurdle cleared ... Professionally Qualified.

My god, this has now been over a year in the making.

I've been leaning towards flying there. If I decide to do this, Could someone rent a portion of their automobile trunk to me?

JR

Congrats

McCPilot

SNA Final Select
JR I'm sure there will be plenty of guys in our class who are driving/willing to let you use their trunk. I'm driving but I think my car is full at this point... if not you can count on my car being open for your stuff though.

Congrats too! Feels good to finally have made it huh? I'm leaving in a week... can't wait!

McC

jride200

I've been told my orders are to report no sooner than 1200 on Saturday, no later than 1100 Sunday. I believe the Navy is getting me a flight out on Saturday morning. I intend to find a hotel room for Satruday night and to have a nice dinner and beers that evening. (suggestions for where to find GOOD food & lodging appreciated) Who's in for dinner and beers?

I'd still like the smallest amount of space, in someone's car, to stash a few items. (Cell phone, non-perishable snacks, ibuprofen, etc.) Can anyone help? I'm about to try to find a quarter locker at the Newport bowling alley ...

Jeep_Shark

well, it turns out that my recruiter recommended that i take more time to get in shape (dispite the fact that i am always at least at the medium good range) and has moved my OCS date back to December 1st. Good luck to all you guys in the Oct 20 class and i am very sorry that i will not be seeing you. Once again congrats to all and good luck.