• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2021 AMDO

Triumph_MAC

By CO's endorsement, I mean your skipper endorsing your waiver request. Don't get that mixed up with the actual CO's endorsement of your application.
I see, I submitted the written waiver request that the CO signed and stated that I was requesting an age waiver in my application. Hopefully it all goes through. Thank you for the clarification, I was worried I'd have to resubmit if the waiver goes through.

Nitodc321

Anyone have a good point of contact for Mr. Celestine? I sent my OCS Package in and haven't received any acknowledgment of it being received yet. I've sent a second email with the package and a follow up to the ocsquestions@navy.mil email as per the OCS FAQ on NPC but I haven't heard anything back yet on either account.

oxnard_duffy

Hey All,

Submitted my package earlier last month and after some back and forth over my medical approval, my package is good to go. Now to keep my fingers and toes crossed with the rest of y’all! Good luck everyone!

AWF1(NAC/AW)
14 yrs - 8.5 yrs active duty
AS - General Studies (Vincennes University)
BS - Accountancy (National University)
MBA (University of Washington - Foster School of Business)

In addition to my 14 yrs of service (only 8.5 active time) I’ve worked as a senior tax accountant for Starbucks, Fluke, and Nordstrom.

Commands: VRC-30, SAU, NOSC Portland and VR61

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
Anyone have a good point of contact for Mr. Celestine? I sent my OCS Package in and haven't received any acknowledgment of it being received yet. I've sent a second email with the package and a follow up to the ocsquestions@navy.mil email as per the OCS FAQ on NPC but I haven't heard anything back yet on either account.
He’s teleworking so email is the only way to contact him. I know he was on leave until the 21st so he probably has a lot of catching up to do. I would give him a few more days and then try emailing him again early Friday or Monday morning.

Nitodc321

He’s teleworking so email is the only way to contact him. I know he was on leave until the 21st so he probably has a lot of catching up to do. I would give him a few more days and then try emailing him again early Friday or Monday morning.

Is he in the global to possibly look up his email?

TonyWillingham

ENS, 1520
No but he seems like the person I need to get into contact with when it comes to all the OCS applications related it seems from everything on here.
Yeah, he’s the one who responds when you submit your package. Emailing him directly might speed things up. It took him about 10 days to respond to me when I submitted, but once he responded I got my PQ letter and confirmation my package was being sent to the board later that day. What’s the file size of your application? He had me split mine in to 2 sections, one with my application documentation and the other with my medical documentation. Both files had to be under 10 MB. Once I did that everything went smoothly.

r3coil

I see, I submitted the written waiver request that the CO signed and stated that I was requesting an age waiver in my application. Hopefully it all goes through. Thank you for the clarification, I was worried I'd have to resubmit if the waiver goes through.
What about the endorsement from the 1520 OCM? PA107 does say that waiver requests must be routed through the OCM, then to CNRC for approval. So when I was doing my waiver request, I contacted the 1520 OCM. He asked for some pieces of my application (not everything), and then after a few days he sent me a waiver endorsement from him. So my waiver request letter (letter coming from me), CO's endorsement of my waiver request (different document from your actual CO's endorsement of application) and 1520 OCM waiver endorsement. So it was three documents for my TIS waiver request. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Mr. Celestin, that upon review of my TIS waiver request, my request was approved and my package will be forwarded to the next board. I'm not saying yours won't get approved without the OCM endorsement, but it's something worth looking into I'd say.

Triumph_MAC

What about the endorsement from the 1520 OCM? PA107 does say that waiver requests must be routed through the OCM, then to CNRC for approval. So when I was doing my waiver request, I contacted the 1520 OCM. He asked for some pieces of my application (not everything), and then after a few days he sent me a waiver endorsement from him. So my waiver request letter (letter coming from me), CO's endorsement of my waiver request (different document from your actual CO's endorsement of application) and 1520 OCM waiver endorsement. So it was three documents for my TIS waiver request. A couple of weeks ago I received an email from Mr. Celestin, that upon review of my TIS waiver request, my request was approved and my package will be forwarded to the next board. I'm not saying yours won't get approved without the OCM endorsement, but it's something worth looking into I'd say.
I got an email from Mr. Celestin today asking for my typed letter and the CO's endorsed letter for age waiver, (I'm applying for SNA, I had seen you submitted a waiver). I didn't realize I needed the different items. Thank you for the help with this. Good luck with your package, I'm rooting for you.

r3coil

I got an email from Mr. Celestin today asking for my typed letter and the CO's endorsed letter for age waiver, (I'm applying for SNA, I had seen you submitted a waiver). I didn't realize I needed the different items. Thank you for the help with this. Good luck with your package, I'm rooting for you.
Ah. I actually had two waiver requests that I submitted. I requested an age waiver for SNA and TIS for AMDO. My age waiver for SNA was disapproved. But TIS waiver for AMDO was approved.

Nitodc321

Ah. I actually had two waiver requests that I submitted. I requested an age waiver for SNA and TIS for AMDO. My age waiver for SNA was disapproved. But TIS waiver for AMDO was approved.

I'm still waiting on my TIS waiver to come back myself. So are you still eligible for SNA?

r3coil

I'm still waiting on my TIS waiver to come back myself. So are you still eligible for SNA?
No. My package won't make it to the SNA board because my age waiver was disapproved. But it will go to the AMDO board since my TIS waiver for 1520 was approved.

Triumph_MAC

Was your age waiver process the same for TIS? I'm 33 so I'm curious if it will get approved. I'm going in with humbling ASTB scores so hopefully that doesn't affect their decision.

r3coil

Was your age waiver process the same for TIS? I'm 33 so I'm curious if it will get approved. I'm going in with humbling ASTB scores so hopefully that doesn't affect their decision.
My age waiver for 1390 was not the same as my TIS waiver for 1520. PA 106 for SNA states that waivers must be routed to CNRC (doesn't say anything about routing through OCM). So all I had for my age waiver was my request letter and a letter from my Skipper endorsing my waiver request (so two waiver documents for SNA). I am 32 years old, turning 33 in December. My ASTB scores are 45 5/7/6. Definitely not the best, but good enough to be eligible. I have a friend who has the exact same birthday as me, and had his age waiver approved and got selected for SNA off the May board. He should be at OCS now. However, the difference with him was that he had really high ASTB scores (I think he had an OAR of 60+ and all 7's after that). So it seem like OAR and ASTB scores definitely play a huge role in the selection process and age waiver approvals for 1390 SNA.