• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2019 AMDO BOARD

HornetMO12

If you were selected as alternate it means just that. You were recommended by the board to be an alternate selection. You will only go to OCS if one of the primary selections fall out. The alternates are ranked as well (there’s no way to know your rank) and if 1 falls out the first alternate will get the call.

Kandyce Grant- Were you an alternate last year? What does an alternate selectee mean? Thanks.
Last year's board was unique... they were unsure as to what was going to happen to the Alternates because the primary's were cut down to 4 when there are normally like 8 to 11. Normally the primarys go through during the current fy and the alternates go the following fy starting Oct 1st. .if something happens to one of the primary's during the current fy then one of the alternates would move up. Because it was so iffy last year I chose the ldo route and got commissioned already. I'm unsure how it was done this year. It said 13 selects so is that primaries? Or primaries and alternates combined. My Command received a letter from CNRC asking for a release date about 4 months after the results were released and by then I had already picked orders for LDO

HornetMO12

Last year's board was unique... they were unsure as to what was going to happen to the Alternates because the primary's were cut down to 4 when there are normally like 8 to 11. Normally the primarys go through during the current fy and the alternates go the following fy starting Oct 1st. .if something happens to one of the primary's during the current fy then one of the alternates would move up. Because it was so iffy last year I chose the ldo route and got commissioned already. I'm unsure how it was done this year. It said 13 selects so is that primaries? Or primaries and alternates combined. My Command received a letter from CNRC asking for a release date about 4 months after the results were released and by then I had already picked orders for LDO
13 were all primaries.

HornetMO12

Zamora: best thing you can do for yourself is call the AMDO OCM tomorrow and ask about being an alternate. He’s in the NMCI global. LCDR Brian Hawkins.

Zachariahw

My First vote was a Y Professionally Recommended

My second vote was a

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. 
A - Alternate Selectee

Does this mean I am an alternate or a No?
Thanks in advance.

Stephem

HornetMO12: It was Y PRO REC selected as an A. Not sure what to expect. My QAO said it means I leave after OCT 1st, next FY.
I believe that's how it worked in the past but it was not like that last year. I was one of the alternate selectee last year and I had to submit another package this year to be considered by the board.

Zamora: best thing you can do for yourself is call the AMDO OCM tomorrow and ask about being an alternate. He’s in the NMCI global. LCDR Brian Hawkins.
Yep...that's what I had to do last year. It sucked because there was no guarantee and that's crazy that they went from 4 to 13

shel87

If you dig a little on this site, I think in 2013 or 2014 someone posted what the board typically looks for and it doesn't seem like its really changed any. There was a post on here as well (cant remember the year) but it states the type of leadership and quals they look for. I want to say they lean more on FCPO and Chiefs and then go down the line. They also like to see AMDO's writing LOR's and obviously the higher they are, the better. Like HornetMO12 wrote about him mentoring someone being selected, I was mentored by an AMDO as well and was selected. If you have not been to the amdo.org website, its pretty helpful when it comes to the directory. The AMDO community typically knows what they look for but it will vary.
I think all I can do is pursue the graduate degree and interview with higher ranking AMDOs next year. Maybe request LoR from AMDOs as well. If anyone can take on a protégée I would greatly appreciate it!

slimac4

From the attached document my CCC sent me it sounds like the Alternates still have a very likely chance of shipping to OCS either this fiscal year or next.

It's going to get complicated for me because I'm suppose to be PCSing from this overseas unaccompanied tour in August.

Attachments

• What happens next.doc
    42.5 KB · Views: 23

Zamora

Yep...that's what I had to do last year. It sucked because there was no guarantee and that's crazy that they went from 4 to 13
did you eventually go to OCS?

My second vote was a

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. 
A - Alternate Selectee

Thanks in advance.
yes your an alternate. So am i. I wonder how many primaries and alternates they chose.

Zamora

My second vote was a

A - Alternate Selectee

Thanks in advance.
Actually did you get an A or N.

Zamora

From the attached document my CCC sent me it sounds like the Alternates still have a very likely chance of shipping to OCS either this fiscal year or next.

It's going to get complicated for me because I'm suppose to be PCSing from this overseas unaccompanied tour in August.
They did pick for FY19&20.

HornetMO12

Who wrote and published this document? I don’t believe the AMDO community works this way with alternates, but your best resource is the AMDO OCM to get an official answer.

Zamora

Who wrote and published this document? I don’t believe the AMDO community works this way with alternates, but your best resource is the AMDO OCM to get an official answer.

The document is in the NPC website in the FAQ link. I will call LCDR Hawkins tomorrow and get the official word, i will let all alternates know tomorrow.