• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2019 AMDO BOARD

shel87

First time applying, no email or CoC notification so I assume Pro-Rec N.

AE1(AW)
FTS: 11 yrs
Applied AMDO only
Embry-Riddle AS - Professional Aeronautics 2.889
Embry Riddle BS - Technical Management, Safety Occ Health 3.364
OAR: 59 6,8,7
Interviews: 05 1317, 04x2 1520 (All 10's)
LOR: 06x2 (CO NAS New Orleans JRB)(Exec Asst. Chief of Naval Reserve)
Evals: EP(3of40)EP(5of39)EP(1of3frocking)
AWARD: NAMx3, FLOCx2

Not quite sure what they were looking for but, I do know I need to improve for next year. Congratulations all who were selected!

cthrasher

ProRec Y! Third time up and very thankful! Good luck to everyone else. For those who didn't make it ALWAYS KEEP APPLYING AND IMPROVING YOUR PACKAGE IN ANY WAY THAT YOU CAN. I know everyone says that.. but last year, after I received a Non-Select for the second time, I had a member of the board advise me that I should probably look into other options for receiving a commission (LDO, Pilot/NFO, ect.) due to some issues with my stats. I almost didn't apply this year so that I could focus on those other options, but this is what I really wanted to do.
My point is only you can control your future. Keep applying if this is really what you want to do. It isn't always about the nitty gritty stats. It's about who you are and what you can bring to the community.

matt_c

First time applying, no email or CoC notification so I assume Pro-Rec N.

AE1(AW)
FTS: 11 yrs
Applied AMDO only
Embry-Riddle AS - Professional Aeronautics 2.889
Embry Riddle BS - Technical Management, Safety Occ Health 3.364
OAR: 59 6,8,7
Interviews: 05 1317, 04x2 1520 (All 10's)
LOR: 06x2 (CO NAS New Orleans JRB)(Exec Asst. Chief of Naval Reserve)
Evals: EP(3of40)EP(5of39)EP(1of3frocking)
AWARD: NAMx3, FLOCx2

Not quite sure what they were looking for but, I do know I need to improve for next year. Congratulations all who were selected!

If you dig a little on this site, I think in 2013 or 2014 someone posted what the board typically looks for and it doesn't seem like its really changed any. There was a post on here as well (cant remember the year) but it states the type of leadership and quals they look for. I want to say they lean more on FCPO and Chiefs and then go down the line. They also like to see AMDO's writing LOR's and obviously the higher they are, the better. Like HornetMO12 wrote about him mentoring someone being selected, I was mentored by an AMDO as well and was selected. If you have not been to the amdo.org website, its pretty helpful when it comes to the directory. The AMDO community typically knows what they look for but it will vary.

HornetMO12

From my experience and sitting down with the AMDO OCM, I can tell you that any detractors (low gpa, low OAR, no EP evals, no appraisals from senior AMDOs) can hurt your package. There are always way to mitigate those items though! Low GPA: study your ass off and crush your OAR. Low OAR: Take DAU PQM classes to show how bad you want it. No EPs: work hard and take on larger leadership roles to get an EP. Appraisals: If you are stationed in a fleet concentration area (Norfolk, Oceana, Jax, San Diego, Washington) and your highest appraisal is an O3 you are doing yourself a disservice. Use your resources and make your package as best as you can.

slimac4

I was selected as an alternate. Does that just mean if someone falls out you have a chance depending on your position in the alternates?

JukeboxEmperor

Wants into space
None
I was selected as an alternate. Does that just mean if someone falls out you have a chance depending on your position in the alternates?
As far as I'm aware, yes. A friend of mine picked up alternate last year, but never heard anything after that. You might hear gouge that says that alternates DO go to OCS, just later on down the line. That is what he was fed, and possibly used to be true, but isn't now.

That said, he tried again this year and apparently made it, so don't give up yet!

HornetMO12

Yes, for example, if someone was also selected for LDO and declines AMDO then they would pick one of the alternates depending on where they fell out. Same goes for someone who was selected and then gets disqualified prior to attending OCS.

HornetMO12

As far as I'm aware, yes. A friend of mine picked up alternate last year, but never heard anything after that. You might hear gouge that says that alternates DO go to OCS, just later on down the line. That is what he was fed, and possibly used to be true, but isn't now.

That said, he tried again this year and apparently made it, so don't give up yet!
You’re right, that is not the case with alternates. Alternates only go to OCS if a primary selectee drops out. Quotas mean everything, they will not just send the alternates to OCS because that affects the structure of the community many years later.

ProRec Y! Third time up and very thankful! Good luck to everyone else. For those who didn't make it ALWAYS KEEP APPLYING AND IMPROVING YOUR PACKAGE IN ANY WAY THAT YOU CAN. I know everyone says that.. but last year, after I received a Non-Select for the second time, I had a member of the board advise me that I should probably look into other options for receiving a commission (LDO, Pilot/NFO, ect.) due to some issues with my stats. I almost didn't apply this year so that I could focus on those other options, but this is what I really wanted to do.
My point is only you can control your future. Keep applying if this is really what you want to do. It isn't always about the nitty gritty stats. It's about who you are and what you can bring to the community.
Congrats

Zamora

Y – Professionally recommended. There is no further action is required on the member’s part. 
This is not a select at this point. There are two Yes votes required to be final selected. 
One vote comes from the community boards (which the Y represents). 
Next, Navy Recruiting Command (NRC) will now send your medical documents through the medical review process here at NRC for commissioning standards. 
Once Physically Qualified (PQ) letter is issued we will forward your recommendation to the director of OCS Accessions here at NRC for final review and final vote.
 If final vote, this is the second vote, is given for selection then your command will be notified via email from the OCS desk here at NRC with Select letter, OCS class date and Service Agreement for the designator that you were final selected for.

N – Not professionally recommended/Not best qualified by the community requested. 
A - Alternate Selectee

Zamora

HornetMO12: It was Y PRO REC selected as an A. Not sure what to expect. My QAO said it means I leave after OCT 1st, next FY.