• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC 2016's API Lead Ensign is the CAOC Marine Liason Officer

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
More drama in this whole situation, and a plea to get it posted back in the public forum. Posting this email publicly is part of a larger campaign to shape the battlefield...

One of the Captains here declined to do the PFT (2 of us had top cover by our AF leadership, one guy didn't), and Major Douchebag gave him a bullshit counseling saying his off-base liberty was revoked until he scored a 285 on the PFT, he had to write a 2000 page essay on physical fitness, and some other garbage. All of that is illegal-- punishments can only come from a CO (which this guy isn't) as a result of NJP or court martial.

So, the Captain requested mast, and the whole thing is rapidly escalating because Major Douchebag has no concept of reality. I posted this thread partly to share the humor with everyone, but partly so word would travel around different communities in order to help out my buddy in the request mast process when he has to go talk to the General, if it goes that far.

Please split thread if required, but re-post into public forum.

What an assclown. Please Pm me the full email with the Majors name (and the above synopsis) so it can be passed around so he's placed on the "don't ever hire, even if he's the last pilot on earth" list at my company. We've got a mandate from our chief pilot and management to screen individuals with garbage personalities like this.

We've got a bunch of phrog guys here and Given his position he's probably on the short list for failing to promote to O-5 soon, and we can't risk him slipping through the cracks and getting on here because he started calling in favors to his old squadron mates who were unaware of his antics since they've retired.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
God damnit. Phrog guys are supposed to be the cool, laid back fuckers. What is this trash?!

Treetop Flyer

pilot
More drama in this whole situation, and a plea to get it posted back in the public forum. Posting this email publicly is part of a larger campaign to shape the battlefield...

One of the Captains here declined to do the PFT (2 of us had top cover by our AF leadership, one guy didn't), and Major Douchebag gave him a bullshit counseling saying his off-base liberty was revoked until he scored a 285 on the PFT, he had to write a 2000 page essay on physical fitness, and some other garbage. All of that is illegal-- punishments can only come from a CO (which this guy isn't) as a result of NJP or court martial.

So, the Captain requested mast, and the whole thing is rapidly escalating because Major Douchebag has no concept of reality. I posted this thread partly to share the humor with everyone, but partly so word would travel around different communities in order to help out my buddy in the request mast process when he has to go talk to the General, if it goes that far.

Please split thread if required, but re-post into public forum.
Pourts, what's the latest on this oxygen thief?

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Pourts, what's the latest on this oxygen thief?
Here you go. He sent this email to all the Department Chiefs throughout the CAOC. Guys like this are why Microsoft Outlook needs a word limit for email messages. It doesn't take 2000 words to invite folks to a PFT.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2016 3:49 PM
Subject: RE: USMC Physical Fitness Test invite

Gentlemen:

CAOC Marines will conduct a Marine Corps Physical Fitness Test this coming
Tuesday, 3 January, at 0600L and at 1700L. We will meet in the aerobics room
of the BPC gym, across from the BPC pool.

Sister service personnel are welcome to come and join us. Last month we had
one USAF TSgt and a USN LT pass the USMC PFT. Those who pass the USMC PFT will
receive a certificate of completion. Those who score a 285 or above will
receive additional special recognition from the MARLO. If you beat the senior
MARLO, I will come to your work section and sing your service's official song.
I will accept proposals of alternate humiliating acts, IF they are proposed
prior to the PFT itself.

The USMC PFT consists of three events, in this order:
1. Choice of timed push ups or untimed pull ups. Individuals can execute one
or the other only.
2. Timed crunches (2 minutes)
3. Timed 3 mile run

Scoring
-100 points max in each event
-Minimum passing score = 120
-3rd Class = 120-199
-2nd Class = 200-234
-1st Class = 235-300
-285 and above = Commendatory

Of note, new Marine Corps PFT standards will go into effect on 1 January 2017.
The most significant changes from the PFT in its current form are new age
categories on the scoring table, and the addition of push ups as an option for
event #1. Previously, male Marines executed pull ups only, and female Marines
executed the flexed arm hang only. Now, Marines may choose to execute push
ups, but the new PFT standard incentivizes pull up completion. You can score a
max of 100 points for event #1 by maxing out the pull ups, but maxing out the
push ups will only yield 70 points max.

Proper execution of pull up, push up, and sit up repetitions is important.
Execute one repetition improperly and it will not be counted. Particularly
with pull ups, you can waste valuable energy by not completing the repetition
properly. This website has videos that you can play on your NIPR machine that
will show you how to properly execute pull ups, sit ups, and the 3 mile run.

It has not yet been updated to show proper execution of the push ups but is
still informative for those executing a USMC PFT for the first time:
http://www.marines.com/becoming-a-marine/how-to-prepare/pft#

The score table for each event can be found here (only the Push-up Pull-up
Hybrid, Crunches, and Run score charts apply to the PFT. Other events listed
are for the Combat Fitness Test):
http://www.fitness.marines.mil/pft-cft_Standards/

I kindly ask that those who would like to join us please inform me which event
they would like to attend by Sunday 1 January so that I can plan accordingly.

Semper Fidelis,
Major ************, USMC
Marine Liaison Officer
CAOC, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar

pourts

pilot
I hope this guy is crushing his actual primary assigned duties. No one senior has stepped in and checked this horseshit?

The next senior person in the chain of command is in Bahrain. An Marine O-6 showed up and MARLO made a point to let everyone know that even though the new guy is a Marine and 2 ranks senior, he is NOT part of the MARLO because he is standing an Air Force watch. Which is exactly what all of us are doing.

Operationally he really doesn't have any duties except for reporting back to MARCENT general and answering MARCENT phone calls.

pourts

pilot
Who is signing FITREPs?
I think our AF supervisors write the Fitrep, then RO is the O-6 in Bahrain nobody has ever met. A bunch up to this point have been "unobserved" for convenience if close to the 90 day cutoff.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think our AF supervisors write the Fitrep, then RO is the O-6 in Bahrain nobody has ever met. A bunch up to this point have been "unobserved" for convenience if close to the 90 day cutoff.

I'd get that figured out ASAP. Your AF supe is writing your FITREP? How much input do you guys have in that process? Knowing the AF OPR system, and how different it is, I would be way more concerned that the interests of you and your Marines are not being looked after. Who is doing what on FITREPs would also influence the next course of action regarding the Major. I'd be surprised if he is not involved in briefing your AF supervision on what a USMC FITREP needs to look like and at least discussing content and rankings, especially if the O6 signator is offsite and doesn't know any of you. Friendly advice - get that shit wired quick.

Meanwhile, your O3 peer did the right thing requesting mast. Hopefully reason prevails.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Number one, in the AF, my understanding is that the RO or some designated rep writes your FITREP, vs our style of the member themselves writing the first draft. Maybe not a game changer, but I can see that going south too if it is some rando O-6 in Bahrain.

Secondly, I fucking hate your situation. You are too smart for these assclowns bro. Did you get caught in the "lets kill combat section/division lead quals because IA's need bodies" USMC initiative?