• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 mile hump

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

Speaking of calluses, I get them on my hands just below where my fingers come into my palm. This is from the pullups, am I doing them wrong?

I don't think so...you could just have fat hands(j/k). Seriously, I also had nasty callouses on my hand from archery, I think, it's just what happens when you're skin is constantly getting puckered up and bunched up off your body.

airwinger

pilot
Huey Hornet I'm pretty sure we did them in August, I think barely a week passed between the 15 and the 20 miler. But heck it was fun going out partying that night, drunk till two am then meet your friend and at 4 am she asks why you seem so tired:) I don't know why they're cutting back on the 20 miler but as a "salty Lt" (oxymoron in terms that) they should be upping the hikes not backing down. Heck the MEUs do a 26 miler for the MCCRES with average loads of 90lbs.
Doubledown, the calluses are pretty much standard issue for Marines.
semper fi.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Careful using those soft-soled boots for running. Especially on rough, rocky/rooty trails. I wore Magnum's during SULE II and broke my foot on the washboard trail after stepping in a rut made by a vehicle. The sole of the boot flexed allowing my foot to flex and a bone to break. Didn't twist my ankle or anything, just the downward pressure.

I admit though they're good for road running or a well-prepared surface. The road to the rifle range is a good place for them too. But, I LOVED my all-leather cadillacs!

FLMarine

Well, if the picture comes through that is a blister from one of the humps at TBS (can't remember which one it was cause it's been about 7 months since I graduated from it. That's the second time I got blisters; the first being on the "15" ahh hum I mean 20 mile hump at OCS. Those blisters at OCS were twice as big on the same place. My blisters at TBS were from slightly ill fitting Danners where there was a slight space between my heel and the boot when I walked. A set of gel pads fixed that perfectly. As for taping my feet I never got to try that because the day we were supposed to do the 20 mile hump it was frezing rain and people couldn't even walk to LZ-7 without falling down because the roads turned into a ice rink. I fell about 4 times on the way out there. Since it got canceled I never got to try out the nifty tape and mole skin job I did on my feet. TBS is just like OCS in the fact that after several months you forget how crappy it was and start to remember them fondly. Well I still have many good memories of the hawk and drinking until 1-3 am then getting up at 5 or 6am for 8 hours of classes with a hangover. Needless to say I miss the Hawk the most. I miss being able to walk downstairs and drink with some good guys and gals.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Yeah, I can ALMOST look back at it fondly too. I've actually considered a FAC tour in my distant future.

FLMarine

I can't get the insert a file to work, has anyone had it work for them? Airwinger, I had the Miami OSO that was there about a year and half ago. Capt C was a pretty good OSO.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
FLMarine, you have to post your picture on a web site then use that URL in your post and the pic will come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.