• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 MAR 17 SWO BOARD THREAD

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Yeah... it is really irritating, especially when considering the classes that I should, by all accounts, have been in are graduating already. Essentially my recruiter was submitting fingerprints with an expired form number on them (they need a new number every time). In all I have submitted fingerprints 6 times and got another lovely trip to MEPS in the process for digital scans. I swear I'm going to age out before they ever get it together

Duuuudeeee...you need to report that bs to someone. Your recruiter isn't doing you any favors it sounds like. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that! So is your fingerprint/MEPS stuff finally done?

Chovy

Yeah... it is really irritating, especially when considering the classes that I should, by all accounts, have been in are graduating already. Essentially my recruiter was submitting fingerprints with an expired form number on them (they need a new number every time). In all I have submitted fingerprints 6 times and got another lovely trip to MEPS in the process for digital scans. I swear I'm going to age out before they ever get it together
\

How come you had to re do your fingerprints ? Didn't you do that at MEPS?

SeaReaver

@RUFiO181 @NavyOffRec @the Forum
I wanted to ask what is the procedure to ask about an applicant's OCS date (prospective or official) from a recruiter's perspective? Who do they have to contact in the NRD or at Newport? I am asking because my recruiter is new to recruiting, and he told me that he wasn't sure who to contact to obtain that information. He told me that right before an OCS class starts he gets an email with names on it, and that all he can do is check if my name is in it. He knows of no active way of obtaining this information. I have read a bunch of comments of people saying they were told they were pencilled in for a date, or people who knew their OCS date before their FINSEL arrived, but no one mentions how they got a hold of this information.

Thanks for your time and responses, my recruiter and I would appreciate to know the inside scoop.

exNavyOffRec

I wanted to ask what is the procedure to ask about an applicant's OCS date (prospective or official) from a recruiter's perspective? Who do they have to contact in the NRD or at Newport? I am asking because my recruiter is new to recruiting, and he told me that he wasn't sure who to contact to obtain that information. He told me that right before an OCS class starts he gets an email with names on it, and that all he can do is check if my name is in it. He knows of no active way of obtaining this information. I have read a bunch of comments of people saying they were told they were pencilled in for a date, or people who knew their OCS date before their FINSEL arrived, but no one mentions how they got a hold of this information.

Thanks for your time and responses, my recruiter and I would appreciate to know the inside scoop.

He should ask his supervisor for a start, for him to give you that answer is bullshit, I can't stand sailors who give answers like that.

SeaReaver

He should ask his supervisor for a start, for him to give you that answer is bullshit, I can't stand sailors who give answers like that.

My recruiter also mentioned that people aren't very helpful on his end of the process, and I am inclined to believe him. He might be new to the job, but he has always tried his best to help me through the process and has always been honest with me as far as I can tell.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

He can check for your status on PrideMod II. If there's nothing in the notes, it means your OCS class date hasn't been determined.

GreenSteak

That's a demerit.
\

How come you had to re do your fingerprints ? Didn't you do that at MEPS?

I did not initially. Apparently there is an expiration period on the forms that you submit for fingerprints of 90 days. My recruiter submitted them last fall and due to misplaced paperwork I didn't see a board until they had already expired. After pro-rec the fingerprints just said "invalid" (or something to that effect) but didn't list a reason why, so it was assumed that they were smudged or not clear enough. We submitted several more times and they kept coming back rejected, until a recruiter from another office pointed out that they were being submitted with the same ID number that was used on the expired form from last fall. Resubmitted again with the other recruiter and they were finally accepted within 2 days. Not sure how nobody picked up on the issue earlier and I'm not sure why whoever was rejecting the prints couldn't have added a note explaining why they were invalid. Would have saved me 4+ months at this point. :mad:

A long-winded answer to your question (sorry), but that's the situation in a nutshell.

Pixels64

Is there anyone left who hasn't received a FINSEL/orders from the March SWO board? I have zero information on a potential date or on anything pretty much.

Pro Rec Y Swo 3/9/17

Spoke with my recruiter today and asked if he had any idea why it's taking so long..he said all of his SWO applicants (mine being the longest to wait) hasn't received a FINSEL. I think he said there were six of us.

What's up with that? Are they slotting by districts or something? I thought it was based on availability or maybe even luck at this point.
:confused:

BravoAMF

Maybe if I express my impatience here, I will hear back on Monday from my recruiter or the NRD because maybe speaking too soon once in a while has an actual effect on the universe around us, so... It's been 6 months since I was ProRec'd. I already received a call last month asking my preference for my class date. Give me a call and tell me what I want to know!

Pixels64

Maybe if I express my impatience here, I will hear back on Monday from my recruiter or the NRD because maybe speaking too soon once in a while has an actual effect on the universe around us, so... It's been 6 months since I was ProRec'd. I already received a call last month asking my preference for my class date. Give me a call and tell me what I want to know!
Just a little while longer.....

BravoAMF

Just a little while longer.....

Well I didn't get a call about my class date, but I did get a response from my recruiter finally. I asked him before what the holiday policy is for OCS, but he wasn't sure so he has to ask. I know there were posts on the forum about holidays at OCS, but I just wanted to make sure that didn't change this year. Then he also said he didn't have a final select letter for me yet, but he would get a list of selectees.

I'm just going to go by what his lieutenant told me before. He told me I could receive a call as late as one week before my class convenes, so just have my bag ready.