• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

20 MAR 17 SWO BOARD THREAD

Pixels64

God bless....seriously? Does your recruiter have any insight on the holdup? I'm going stir crazy over here and I was selected from May SWO, I can't imagine what you must be feeling! I feel for you

I try to regularly contact my recruiter however I never really gain any insight where I'm at on receiving my FINSEL. About 4 weeks ago he told me I'm in "booking status". He keeps saying it's a waiting game. I'm anxiously awaiting an OCS date, whenever that may come. I hope no one has to wait this long, its brutal. I hope your FINSEL/orders come in soon too. Good luck!

Jamie Sue

I am, but my travel request is in. I'm not sure with these hurricanes... I'm still waiting for my fingerprints to clear as well. Talk about stress

BravoAMF

I try to regularly contact my recruiter however I never really gain any insight where I'm at on receiving my FINSEL. About 4 weeks ago he told me I'm in "booking status". He keeps saying it's a waiting game. I'm anxiously awaiting an OCS date, whenever that may come. I hope no one has to wait this long, its brutal. I hope your FINSEL/orders come in soon too. Good luck!

Same boat as you. Pro-Rec Y SWO from the March 6 2017 board. The last time I heard from the NRD was three weeks ago when I was asked for my preference for my OCS date. I told them October, which was their earliest option, but I have no FinSel and no call from my recruiter. The other options he gave me were November and December, so it looks like at the time they called me, they were filling up their quotas for the rest of the year. I believe SWO's have a higher than usual wait time right now to get into OCS. Either Rufio said that or someone else was repeating what their recruiter said. Priority is on pilot's and NFO's

moveslikemorgan

Standing By

Geeeeez. That's beyond frustrating, I'm sorry it's taking so long! Hopefully you're on the home stretch as far as waiting goes. Maybe we will end up in the same class!

GreenSteak

That's a demerit.
Going through this as well, nobody in my NRD seems to know anything other than it should be "any day now". Got pro-rec'd pilot/nfo back in April and for some bizarre reason, here I am still waiting. I have even tried to get a phone number for someone up in Newport to find out what the hold up is, but haven't had any luck with that. It's frustrating as hell, but hey, the beatdown in Newport will be a joke in comparison to this wait, right? ;)

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Same boat as you. Pro-Rec Y SWO from the March 6 2017 board. The last time I heard from the NRD was three weeks ago when I was asked for my preference for my OCS date. I told them October, which was their earliest option, but I have no FinSel and no call from my recruiter. The other options he gave me were November and December, so it looks like at the time they called me, they were filling up their quotas for the rest of the year. I believe SWO's have a higher than usual wait time right now to get into OCS. Either Rufio said that or someone else was repeating what their recruiter said. Priority is on pilot's and NFO's

I keep hearing the whole "pilot/NFO priority push" thing, but my main question at this point is why are certain applicants from designators other than aviation also being chosen first/before us? I have seen several SWOs receive dates already, as well as Intel and Supply from May and April boards. And no hard feelings directed at them, it's obviously not their fault that they were selected first. I'm just spending my time waiting for my FINSEL by over-analyzing...everything. Le sigh.

And I've looked at it from multiple angles too, just trying to find some kind of trend/constant, but there's nothing to go off of from what I can tell.

At first I thought it was prior AD get FINSELs first, before non-priors, but nope! Then I thought it was going oldest-to-youngest, trying to make sure age critical applicants go first. But not that either! Then I thought it may have something to do with how we rank compared to the others selected from our specific board, but my recruiter told me that wasn't true when I asked last week. And even if there is a push for pilots/NFOs, my recruiter mentioned that there are a certain number of spots per class for each designator, so the members of each class can't all be aviation only.

I guess there's really no rhyme or reason behind the way any of this stuff goes down, haha. I need a new hobby.....

moveslikemorgan

Standing By
Going through this as well, nobody in my NRD seems to know anything other than it should be "any day now". Got pro-rec'd pilot/nfo back in April and for some bizarre reason, here I am still waiting. I have even tried to get a phone number for someone up in Newport to find out what the hold up is, but haven't had any luck with that. It's frustrating as hell, but hey, the beatdown in Newport will be a joke in comparison to this wait, right? ;)

Wow, this is beyond confusing to me. I'm so surprised you haven't gone since you're in aviation. I'd be raising literal hell if I were you...you have more patience than I....

Last edited:

GreenSteak

That's a demerit.
Wow, this is beyond confusing to me. I'm so surprised you haven't gone since you're in aviation. I'd be raising literally hell if I were you...you have more patience than I....
Yeah... it is really irritating, especially when considering the classes that I should, by all accounts, have been in are graduating already. Essentially my recruiter was submitting fingerprints with an expired form number on them (they need a new number every time). In all I have submitted fingerprints 6 times and got another lovely trip to MEPS in the process for digital scans. I swear I'm going to age out before they ever get it together