• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2 months left, gents

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
I have had knee problems for the past few years. I have had runners knee, and all sorts of stuff. Been prescribed anti-inflamatory meds, etc...I was really worried before OCS last summer. However, I cannot recal not one time where I felt knee pain or discomfort at OCS...kinda wierd. I think it had to do with the amount of hydration up there and alot of stretching, and icing it alot at night.

I am having the same type of irritations now, and Im headed back this summer. I am not too worried this time.

MasterHaynes86

i dont get nervous when i feel discomfort in my knees, but i am more conscious and will switch my running surface...

46 5/8 days left... lol

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
man and I thought that was "excessive carbon buildup" that I got hit for.

narfmasta

I'm nervous but anxious to get there at the same time. I don't really know what to REALLY expect because everything I've gathered were from stories and videos. My shin splints are finally gone and I'm slowly building back up to my normal run distance. I should be plenty ready for OCS come June 3rd... As for the calcium pills, should I start popping those things now?

Rasczak

Marine
thats the point. Your not really supposed to be able to expect what happens. You can fathom a better idea but, I'm pretty darned sure it will still feel like your being broadsided by a bus.

narfmasta

thats the point. Your not really supposed to be able to expect what happens. You can fathom a better idea but, I'm pretty darned sure it will still feel like your being broadsided by a bus.

I understand. So how much of this is going to be mental vs. physical?

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
I understand. So how much of this is going to be mental vs. physical?

89% mental and I would say about 93% physical ... :confused: :confused: Its different for every person. Some people cannot handle the mind games but can PT like an animals. Some can't handle either. Just prepare for the time of your life.

Lawman

None
89% mental and I would say about 93% physical ... :confused: :confused: Its different for every person. Some people cannot handle the mind games but can PT like an animals. Some can't handle either. Just prepare for the time of your life.

Concur

For me the mind games were easy but the PT was deffinately more then I had expected. Also a lot of people cant get over themselves and are unable to cope with the lifestyle you have to live in the squadbay. This comes out a lot more the longer your there, little crap just starts pissing you off and Candidate _____ needs to get his head out of his ass in your eyes. Somehow someway you will get put in the pressure cooker either mentally or physically thats the point of it. Break you down, wear you out, see how you deal with it.

Honestly Id love to have a big BBQ or something with all the former candidates of my Platoon just to see how much differnt they after "decompression."