• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

GodSpeed1997

all of it sucks. Especially seeing the last board get everything so quick
August board was crazy quick.

Waited for May board, got selected NFO with 17 Oct OCS date. Waited for August board, got selected SNA with 13 Feb OCS date. Now my OR is telling me my OCS date is sometime in between those two dates, so I’m waiting for a finsel and orders now for OCS.

GodSpeed1997

For me it’s the constant threat of the NAMI Whammy. All this talk about people failing the physical sucks ass
Lol tell me about it. I just got my hearing checked again to make sure it’s good so they can’t DQ me again for that since my OR said I might be leaving anytime soon. My one friend told me it’s rare that they will physically dq you in flight school nami after the OCS nami so I’m just worried about that one

Kyle42

So I was under the impression if we’re correctable to 20/20 then we’re good to go. If that’s the case couldn’t I potentially just get corrected to 20/20 by lasik before ocs?

Michael Campbell

So I was under the impression if we’re correctable to 20/20 then we’re good to go. If that’s the case couldn’t I potentially just get corrected to 20/20 by lasik before ocs?

technically yes, but you’d have to submit for a waiver and it be approved. Also, you have to get a few checkups (one being 6 months after initial surgery) to make sure the lasik didn’t reverse and then that also has to be approved, and then seen at MEPS, yet again. It’s a hassle and you should probably only do it if you need to. I had to so I know

WannaFlyHigh

Your uncorrected vision needs to be within 20/40 but correctable to 20/20.