• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

JMT865

I wouldn’t completely believe it yet, I talked to my OR yesterday as I filled out paperwork for the next board and he said the board was still planned for Jan 24
Is this schedule out yet? How did you know there was a board in Jan?

exNavyOffRec

Asked my recruiter last week if the FY22 dates were out yet he said they just came out and told me it was the 24th with a deadline of Nov 30.

There is a difference between boards held in FY 22 and boards selecting for FY 22 just so everyone is aware, as a reminder selections for the next FY start about 6 months prior to the new FY beginning.

The first several boards to be held after Oct 1st were out on the last board date sheet.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
got a call from my boys in ocs, 40% of the snas in his class were DQ'd for medical reasons within 4 weeks and can't retest haha

Please elaborate!

What were some of the examinations run and which exams DQ’d the most applicants? What future and/or outlook do they have with the Navy now?

40% seems, to me at least, to be a huge chunk of applicants cut. @exNavyOffRec, is this consistent with what you would see happen to applicants at OCS? And what course of action would you advise them to take and/or do you see them take?

Thank you both

Edit: SNAs conduct different medical examinations from other designators, correct?

Jomo2110

Please elaborate!

What were some of the examinations run and which exams DQ’d the most applicants? What future and/or outlook do they have with the Navy now?

40% seems, to me at least, to be a huge chunk of applicants cut. @exNavyOffRec, is this consistent with what you would see happen to applicants at OCS? And what course of action would you advise them to take and/or do you see them take?

Thank you both

Edit: SNAs conduct different medical examinations from other designators, correct?

we only had 20 mins to talk but he said a good amount was eye test failure, he was one of the few to get a NFO spot bc he was still qualified for that. other than that he said they had to chose a new grade or pay the navy for their time there and the ticket back home

exNavyOffRec

we only had 20 mins to talk but he said a good amount was eye test failure, he was one of the few to get a NFO spot bc he was still qualified for that. other than that he said they had to chose a new grade or pay the navy for their time there and the ticket back home

This is why the USN several years ago stopped accepting civilian eye retest, too often they would fail at MEPS, find a civilian doc and then pass only to fail at OCS with the NAMI physical. This is why I am surprised they allowed it again.

They do not pay the USN back for their time there, it is like any other job in that they were working so they get paid. If they had bought uniforms and owe money still for them then that is a different reason on why they owe money.

In general those that go to OCS for aviation that get a medical DQ are more likely to want to go home than those who go for subs and find out they are DQ for subs.

Navy21

OCS
Contributor
What classifies a medical failure at OCS and NAMI, eye related? I have 20/20 but a slight astigmatism in my left eye. How harshly would I be treated in one of those exams?

I don’t feel so good
E1206559-D7B0-4CD8-B63F-14F49087EF9F.gif