• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

JMT865

Let's say, hypothetically, a person gets selected. How quickly after that do we take the PRT, swear in, and get an OCS date?

MileHighBurt

My office does prt the first time you meet up,after selection. So this last board got their results, then met up two or three weeks later and did prt. The searing in is typically done at meps right before departure. The class date… who knows. This time of year a lot of people want to be home for holidays and all so they sent a memo to the previous selectees to see if anyone wanted to volunteer for first up orders. I know one person that got a 2 day notice and another that got 2 week, even though their class dates when selected said April 2022. It all depends. The main goal is to be ready now.

JMT865

My office does prt the first time you meet up,after selection. So this last board got their results, then met up two or three weeks later and did prt. The searing in is typically done at meps right before departure. The class date… who knows. This time of year a lot of people want to be home for holidays and all so they sent a memo to the previous selectees to see if anyone wanted to volunteer for first up orders. I know one person that got a 2 day notice and another that got 2 week, even though their class dates when selected said April 2022. It all depends. The main goal is to be ready now.
Thank you for that info. I graduate college in May, so I assume my recruiter will make it to where my ship out date is after that? How long do ProRec-Y's usually wait to go to OCS after being selected & pass PRT?

MileHighBurt

Your earliest available date should be on your package that gets submitted to the board. Like I said, it all depends on the flow and all for when you leave. Could be weeks, could be months.

villo0692

Thank you for that info. I graduate college in May, so I assume my recruiter will make it to where my ship out date is after that? How long do ProRec-Y's usually wait to go to OCS after being selected & pass PRT?
once you get your Pro Rec Y, so long you aren't waiting on other boards to convene, you should get a date. Now, what I would suggest, is as soon as you get picked, try to coordinate with your recruiter so you can take your PRT. Once that's out of the way , tell him or her to keep for any openings in earlier classes and to put you up there for consideration if that's the case, you might get said earlier spot....I did, shipping out next Sunday

good luck people

exNavyOffRec

NRC will not process you for an OCS date until they receive official transcripts in hand that say you have graduated, some schools have a quick turn around some do not. The other thing you have to contend with since you are graduating in May are the NUPOC's and CEC collegiates that graduate in May and June from college as well. Those individuals are getting paid and so the USN doesn't want them sitting around for a few months doing nothing, that means they get priority. There have been classes in June and early July where the OCS classes were nearly all Nukes and CEC.

Michael Campbell

once you get your Pro Rec Y, so long you aren't waiting on other boards to convene, you should get a date. Now, what I would suggest, is as soon as you get picked, try to coordinate with your recruiter so you can take your PRT. Once that's out of the way , tell him or her to keep for any openings in earlier classes and to put you up there for consideration if that's the case, you might get said earlier spot....I did, shipping out next Sunday

good luck people

That’s some good advice. I wasn’t aware that you could do that. This process has been long enough already so being able to try and start earlier would be awesome.
Congrats man, good luck to you out there!

Jomo2110

last board was fast bc my friend had a couple 3 stars push the board to make a decision, one of the 3 stars said the results should be out by Friday since the boards convene on Monday now

exNavyOffRec

last board was fast bc my friend had a couple 3 stars push the board to make a decision, one of the 3 stars said the results should be out by Friday since the boards convene on Monday now
The board itself is very short, the admin functions take time, they need to look at when schools start for the different designators, then work back to OCS dates, etc......

WorldWar33.3

NRC will not process you for an OCS date until they receive official transcripts in hand that say you have graduated, some schools have a quick turn around some do not.
When does NRC receive our official transcripts? Don't our ORs send them over with our applications?

JMT865

When does NRC receive our official transcripts? Don't our ORs send them over with our applications?
Yes, they should. But, mine would not be updated because I applied before I graduated. The transcripts I submitted were only through my 3rd year and some change. When I graduate after 4 years of credits, I will have to give them a 100% official transcript with updates of the last completed courses.