• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

exNavyOffRec

Yay, we're back!!! Anyone get a date yet?? A fin sel letter? Anything? I got an email from Mr. Celestin stating that he has received my command's request for the soonest possible OCS date. Does anyone know if your Final Selection letter contains your prospective OCS date in it? Because he said that once we receive that, my hard copy orders will be released probably within 30-45 days from receipt of the letter, but since I am deployed right now my command is trying to get my home in good enough time to hang out with my husband and kiddos before I go so I am curious to know how soon we can at least get a date so we can start making those moves. I missed you guys, I hope you are all doing well!
It will be interesting to see when you (as an AD) get for an OCS date since most of the non-AD are pushed to FY 23, on the selection list did it say FY 23 or FY 22 next to your name?

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
But I was told that NFO was going to be less affected than Pilot with this. It seems like all NFO AD selectees have FY22 and all Pilot have FY23 if I remember correctly.

Cam.wag21

Does anybody have a legit document that displays the OCS class number and the respective dates?
I am conducting an inter-service transfer from the Marine Corps and need something official to submit to HQMC. The recruiter says they won't send out Fin sel letters until closer to OCS date. Has anybody heard this also? My class is 06-23. Thanks

GoldLeaf

Does anybody have a legit document that displays the OCS class number and the respective dates?
I am conducting an inter-service transfer from the Marine Corps and need something official to submit to HQMC. The recruiter says they won't send out Fin sel letters until closer to OCS date. Has anybody heard this also? My class is 06-23. Thanks
Yours should be 6 NOV 2022

GoldLeaf

Yes, but do you have some sort of source for that? Is that posted anywhere or is there a document showing dates? The MC won't except it If I just say the date. If that makes sense?
Check between page 251-264 on this forum. There’s an attachment that shows the class dates

I’m on mobile and it won’t let me pull it up.

BB Poison

Contributor
Several things to remember is that the vast majority of OR's out there are just looking out for themselves, many are not true OR's as they have not been to OR recruiting school, and quite a few don't know how to use the systems they have.

Those that have OR's that haven't been to OR recruiting school are at a disadvantage as during the school you go over every PA, get briefed on the forms, how to put an application together, etc....

I would never every have an applicant apply for SNA and SNFO if they were willing to accept either, if a person was only wanted SNA then that is what went down as we are dealing with a person life for the next 8+ years, people get the short end of the stick in the USN all the time, there is no reason to have a person's introduction to the USN getting the short end of the stick.

It is not uncommon for me to look at a post of someone who wanted SNA and was instead picked for SNFO and then ask why they applied for it, this is not a dig at the person but to understand, we must remember that often that person was given bad advice by someone that should be looking out for their best interest.

It is important to also keep things civil as a person in that circumstance is probably stressed out enough over what has happened.

Oh hey, we’re back! Thank you for the words of wisdom. I feel a little let down by my OR but there’s nothing I can do about it now though except work with the cards I’ve been dealt, and all things considered I’ve been dealt a great hand. While the site’s been down I decided to go for it and take the slot, and if I don’t love being a NFO try to lat transfer later. However, due to some family issues that have come up I might not have a choice in the matter. Could I DM you about it?

exNavyOffRec

Oh hey, we’re back! Thank you for the words of wisdom. I feel a little let down by my OR but there’s nothing I can do about it now though except work with the cards I’ve been dealt, and all things considered I’ve been dealt a great hand. While the site’s been down I decided to go for it and take the slot, and if I don’t love being a NFO try to lat transfer later. However, due to some family issues that have come up I might not have a choice in the matter. Could I DM you about it?
of course

Val135

Hey enzy, can I ask where you got this and would it be possible to get an email of the actual document vs. the screen shot?
Thanks
If he doesn’t reply and you are active duty, maybe try to contact Mr. Celestin. He should be able to provide you and your command the info they need to release you.