• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1Nov2021 SNA/SNFO Board

amf0229

Pro Rec Y SNFO
Has anyone else been able to contact their OR or Mr. Celestin on how things are progressing?

I still can’t fathom why Mr.Celestin would state, “I might have them on my desk,” yet, a week later, we still don’t have them?
I haven’t tried to reach out to him in a little while. There’s been a lot of things said about these results that don’t make sense haha

Skylanepilot1981

Hey guys long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering how y'all got LORs. I haven't yet started the process (I'm waiting to graduate college in June of 23) and I don't really know how to network into the community. Do you guys have any tips?
My flight instructor was a retired AF O-6, the other was a Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander and a former Fighter Pilot and the last was my Civil Air Patrol Squadron Commander when I was a kid and was a chief of police.

GoldLeaf

Hey guys long time lurker, first time poster. I was wondering how y'all got LORs. I haven't yet started the process (I'm waiting to graduate college in June of 23) and I don't really know how to network into the community. Do you guys have any tips?
Two of my LORs are O-5s. One AF and other is Navy. Lucked out cause one is a family friend, now deceased and wrote it before he died, and the other is my GF father. My third is my coworker that is a sports psychologist. Just gotta ask around, make friends, start building relationships with teachers that might be a good reference for an LOR.

DutchyO1

Contributor
My flight instructor was a retired AF O-6, the other was a Civil Air Patrol Wing Commander and a former Fighter Pilot and the last was my Civil Air Patrol Squadron Commander when I was a kid and was a chief of police.
I'm working on my PPL soon should I join Civil Air Patrol after I complete it?

Mike D.

Contributor
Starting asking around to people you know. Ask them who they know. If you can get contact information for retirees...you'd be surprised how willing retired military pilots are willing to help.

MilsurpMan

My LOR's were all people I know. Old bosses, scoutmaster, friends I went to school with. An O-3 was one of my bosses, an O-4 and an E-6 I have known for over 10 years.