• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaerose

D, that's gross...I don't plan on letting anyone chew my arse...especially at OCS! J/K...sorry about the crude humor ;) Welcome, Tyson.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

tvan

I just graduated from Cal Poly this June. I haven't started studying yet. I just had my interview this past week (us nucs have to go through interviews instead of taking the test everyone else does), so all my studying so far has been for that. I have been doing my push-ups and sit-ups and a little bit of running. But now I'm going to kick all of that up a notch.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Hey guys,

I saw an email passing through about if we're going to drive to OCS or not. I thought I'd rather post here, but I WILL be driving to OCS. I bought a cover for the car already to protect it from sea spray and sun UV rays! Anyways, if you guys haven't been reading much of the other forums, it'll definately be worth it if you drove to OCS. You probably will regret it if you don't drive. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Later,

D

jaerose

Look at D_Mac...worried about his little car. C'mon man, you're focused on the wrong thing...don't let worrying about your car's paint screw you up at OCS and beyond =) J/K.

JR

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke

"So long as there's a breath in me, that long I will persist. For now I know one of the greatest principles of success, if I persist long enough I will win."
--Og Mandino

lvgravy

Hey all,
I just returned from a week in the Pensacola area. I was able to fly down there for free from Washington using a military flight. Florida is a great place. I visited a buddy going through pilot training at Whiting, he took me out to see the T-34, all the cockpit trainers and my girlfriend and I were able to fly the simulator..pretty cool. I also went over to Pensacola and watched the candidates doing drill...can't wait to start. I am thankful we will be there in Oct when the weather won't be so humid.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Ditto that....I was supposed to report (or was told wrong) tomorrow. Now, I'm kinda glad that it is actually starting in October for me, because of my light skinned complexity. I would've looked like a red lobster on crack if I reported tomorrow!!

D

bart27

lvgravy, were you able to check out any hotels that we could all stay at prior to reporting?

jr, now you play nice...I thought D's car cover idea was a good one, but I still plan to go with a few sun shades.

I noticed that we're told to bring single edge razors, does this mean no Mach3? Please tell me that they're not that far behind the times.

bart

lvgravy

There are obviously numerous places to stay in Pensacola, but I think anywhere in the southern part of the city would be ok..the reason being we will be close to the NAS and Pensacola Beach, McGuire's is also located in Southern Pensacola as well.

Super 8, Comfort Inn and Travel Lodge are all very close to the NAS and about 20 minutes from the beach and 15 minutes from McGuire's depending on traffic. Room rates range from $64- $70 and all have pools. If you really want to stay someplace nice the Hampton Inn is located right on Pensacola Beach but the rooms are a bit spendy $149- $189.

Super 8 hotels are usually pretty decent and the one in Pensacola is centrally located between the beach and Pensacola NAS. I do recommend staying away from the Hospitality Inn because the one I visited was a dump. If anyone needs addresses or phone numbers please let me know.

Please add any inputs anyone else might have concerning this subject.

Disclaimer- I did not personally visit each of these hotels so I can't vouch for their quality

jaerose

OK ladies and gents, it's time for us to start getting motivated and excited to go. I recently received some intel on how to be a good class and two very important things are to BE AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE (both individually and especially as a class) and to HELP OUT YOUR CLASSMATES WHEN THEY NEED IT! These are huge at OCS. I've got a little more, but I will pass it on later. Let's start communicating more and encouraging each other to get motivated and ready to go!
Prior Proper Preparation Prevents Poor Performance!
If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail!
Let's get on the ball, 18OCT03!

JR

gin_e

Thanks for the motivation Jaerose! I'm definitely preparing myself, I hope everyone else is too! I figure the more work and adjustment I do now the less stress I'll have there. I've even signed up for a mock Seal Conditioning Class, so I'll get some experience with being yelled at and mashed at 5:30am, ahead of time.

I've also been getting alot of tips from my parents, both OCS grads. Even if their advice is somewhat antiquated I'm sure it will help, I'll try to pass some of it on through the email list later.

I just emailed the OTCP to find out our class number, graduation date, and leave dates since my recruiter doesn't seem to know anything. If they don't tell me or get back to me, does anyone know if we'll find out before our class starts? Or will we have to make our leave arrangements once we get there?

Ginny

gin_e

I found this link under another topic and I'm posting it here again to make sure you check it out too: http://www.geocities.com/califchick1175/USN/navy.html . there is a lot of linked information that I hadn't seen before and it is all very useful.

gin_e

so, OTCP responded most of my questions, here's the scoop:

We are class number 08-04, now you can give out your mailing address.
We will be granted leave for Christmas from Sat Dec 20-Sun Jan 4.
I also found out who our class officer is and have her email, which I will forward through the class email list. I'm going to ask her about the graduation date and more precise leave times so I can schedule my flights.

Ginny

knowles206

Just curious, Looks like a good program, allot of phonies out there, I've seen many.

Anyway looks like I'll be in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.