• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

18 Oct 2003 for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gin_e

Oh, well welcome to OCS Class 08-04!! Please post your name, age, designator, hometown etc. and I'll add it to the roster I posted earlier. Make sure you PM bart27 your email address so he can add it to the class email list.

Ginny

gin_e

Some info from our Class Officer:

Graduation date is Fri 30 Jan 04, I believe the ceremony starts at 0730.

Christmas leave starts after the 19 Dec 03 graduation ceremonies (around noon) and ends at 1600 Sun 4 Jan 04.

Ginny

jaerose

Ginny,

What will our address be then? Can you post it here, or if you don't want to please PM it to me along with the class officer info. Thanks.

JR

bart27

Hey All,

Ginny, once again thanks for the info. I know this is off topic, but I have a couple questions for our class or anyone else. I read that only single edge razors are allowed...does this mean no Mach3? I couldn't even find a single edge razor in the store. Also, are we not allowed aerosal deodarant cans? Ginny, from your experience, do you think our class officer might respond to stupid stuff like this?

gin_e

Our mailing address according to the OTCP website will be:
OC (Your Name)
Officer Candidate School
Class 08-04
Officer Training Command Pensacola
150 Chambers Avenue, Suite C
NAS Pensacola, FL 32508-5267

Bart - in my opinion the Mach3 is composed of 3 single edged razors. a double edged razor has a sharp edge on two ends. I have only heard the 4oz (?) size restriction on deodorants, probably eliminating most aerosol sizes. If they throw it out you can buy more at the exchange a few days later.

She probably wouldn't want to be bothered with trivial questions, she was fairly terse in her response to my questions.

Ginny

jaerose

I've been told to bring a Mach 3, or electric razor. Mach 3s are allowed...double edged razor is a razor that goes in older shaving equipment (like my grandfather uses) because they were typically metal and opened up so you could replace just the razor. I actually learned to shave with one of these and a soap dish =)

Thanks Ginny.

JR

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Gin_E:

Can we count on these dates to be VERY accurate (as to make flight plans now), or do we take this CUM GRANO SALIS ?

Thanks,

D

jaerose

Hey, I never got the email...could someone (Gin_e, or bart27) add me to the list and forward it to me? jaerose21@hotmail.com

JR

gin_e

I would say the Christmas leave dates are very accurate, so you can start making flight arrangements. The OTCP website does stipulate different leave times for those driving, but they haven't updated the dates for this year so I'm not sure how they differ from the dates I have.

As far as graduation, I would hold off on making any flight/hotel arrangements on that, unless you are 100% confident you won't roll :)

Ginny

gin_e

Does anyone know if we can attend or atleast watch the graduation ceremonies on Oct 17th? It might be fun to show up early and see that before checking in, but I'm not sure if the general public is allowed to attend. In fact I'm not even sure there is a class graduating then, I just assume so.

bart27

Thanks for the input on the razor...shows you how much I know...makes one wonder how I got in to OCS.

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
Hey guys,

How is everyone doing on their work-out routine? Keep it up! I was just letting you know that I received my orders yesterday morning in the mail. Anyone else? Has anyone made any hotel reservations yet? If so, what hotel? Lets start get motivated, as we have only 1.5 months before we report!! Later.

D

D_mac05

Foxtrot Driver
pilot
HEADS UP GUYS!!!!!!!!!

I went to the OFFICIAL OCS website, just to verify the dates GIN_E has notified us with. The website is: http://www.nsgreatlakes.navy.mil/otcp/
and the dates/times on there are totally different. I was going to purchase my tickets before we left for OCS to ensure that I have a plane ride home during the busy holiday. Here is what the website says VERBATIM:

HOLIDAY LEAVE DATES FOR 2003/2004 LEAVE PERIOD:
Candidates leaving the Pensacola area via air travel may depart the base at 1600 on Thursday, 18 DEC (it takes approximately 1/2 hour to get to the airport, ensure you allow enough time in your scheduling to make your flight). Personnel driving will be authorized to leave Friday, 19 December at 0730. All candidates will return no later than 2000 on Saturday, 03 Jan 2003.
You have an opportunity to take 16 days of leave, however, you will only earn 7.5 days of leave while at Officer Candidate School. You may plan to start or stop your leave at any point during the 16 day period to avoid a negative leave balance. Negative leave balances must be settled by payment prior to commissioning.

jaerose

Good research buddy...now to clear the air and find out the truth! The truth...we can't handle the truth =) Now I'm not going to get to see the premiere of the third LOTR trilogy like the geek that I am...I'll be one day too late!
banghead_125.gif

JR

Status
Not open for further replies.