• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 Sept 2018 IWC DCO Board

Chance_EDO

Still a Pollywog, not yet a Shellback
Hello,

I was wondering if you guys can help me understand how long each step of the process may take? I asked my OR what is next. I got back:

-They have to find you a billet first.
-Route the paperwork for that to Personnel
-FINSEL and COMDOCS will follow after this is processed.

Just trying to get an idea of timing, thanks everyone for your help.

bryanteagle6

no one knows. the average from what I've seen on the experience on these boards is around 3 months. It also depends on how put together your package was before the pro rec'd. For instance, they have to have a RRA form signed, finger prints and the background check initiated, and a medical PQ (N3M i think it is) to put your name through the scroll process at Congress/DOD. Supposedly after the Scroll runs - its about 2-3 weeks to the FINSEL - then 2 more for COMDOCS.
Hydra might have some insight - he is the first one to get through the process in our board. (or at least the first to get through and let this thread know)

Chance_EDO

Still a Pollywog, not yet a Shellback
no one knows. the average from what I've seen on the experience on these boards is around 3 months. It also depends on how put together your package was before the pro rec'd. For instance, they have to have a RRA form signed, finger prints and the background check initiated, and a medical PQ (N3M i think it is) to put your name through the scroll process at Congress/DOD. Supposedly after the Scroll runs - its about 2-3 weeks to the FINSEL - then 2 more for COMDOCS.
Hydra might have some insight - he is the first one to get through the process in our board. (or at least the first to get through and let this thread know)

Thank you Bryan, much appreciation. My OR is very nice but also very busy, and does try their best to answer. I appreciate your nice explanation! Very helpful.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Having stalked, mined, and searched all throughout airwarriors it appears three to four months is the norm from "unofficial" notification of selection to actually drilling. In-fact, there is a thread entitled "the long wait" or something to give you an idea. Everything seems to be happening all at the same time post two-months of notification. Enjoy the holidays and expect to be drilling in the new year.

bryanteagle6

Hydra won on the FINSEL - but I may have been the first in one area!

We had a Veterans day program today at work and the speaker just happened to be a Navy LT - SWO. At the end of the program, my boss brought me up in front of everyone to tell them about my selection and pending commission. After the program was over the LT found me and congratulated me and gave me my first challenge coin!

D

Deleted member 67144 scul

Hydra won on the FINSEL - but I may have been the first in one area!

We had a Veterans day program today at work and the speaker just happened to be a Navy LT - SWO. At the end of the program, my boss brought me up in front of everyone to tell them about my selection and pending commission. After the program was over the LT found me and congratulated me and gave me my first challenge coin!

That's quite an awesome show they put on for you! I'd say that's rather special and unique. All you're telling me is I need to work where you work haha. I am indefinitely hiding in plain sight for as long as I'm in, because my livelihood depends on it. It's one thing to leave for 9 months when employed by people who see it as a source of pride to have a military reservist working for them, but where it may still cause consternation regardless. It's another to work in an industry that additionally doesn't feel so good about the military to begin with. Like all things in life, it's always best to know your environment.

Last edited by a moderator:

dclarke19

Congrats Hail_HYDRA on receiving your FINSEL! And to Bryanteagle, quite an honor!

I am hoping to receive my FINSEL soon. My LCDR informed me, late last week, that my "letter" will be put in the mail today. Not too sure what he means by letter: FINSEL/Commissioning letter, or even a "Welcoming Package" that he mentioned.

Hope everyone's process is going smoothly!

bryanteagle6

Congrats Hail_HYDRA on receiving your FINSEL! And to Bryanteagle, quite an honor!

I am hoping to receive my FINSEL soon. My LCDR informed me, late last week, that my "letter" will be put in the mail today. Not too sure what he means by letter: FINSEL/Commissioning letter, or even a "Welcoming Package" that he mentioned.

Hope everyone's process is going smoothly!

Im leaving the state for 10 days on friday - They will probably call on friday morning saying my finsel is here and they want to take the next steps! ha.

Hail_HYDRA!

One more question...
Im leaving the state for 10 days on friday - They will probably call on friday morning saying my finsel is here and they want to take the next steps! ha.
Hey, if that happens, no big deal! Unless you want to have a big ceremony or something, find an officer of any service and status at your destination to swear you in (oath bit) and keep the paperwork moving. Not trying to downplay the significance, but getting sworn in should be the priority at this juncture.

bryanteagle6

Hey, if that happens, no big deal! Unless you want to have a big ceremony or something, find an officer of any service and status at your destination to swear you in (oath bit) and keep the paperwork moving. Not trying to downplay the significance, but getting sworn in should be the priority at this juncture.

Ill be at my parents place for thxgiving. Funny thing - my mom ran into someone and told them about me, they said, "Hey, I'm a retired Admiral, I could swear him in while he is in town!" I thought that was really random at the time, but if that is the way we have to go, then so be it!

dclarke19

I was informed by my recruiter that my Oath has been approved and ready to be signed! Hoping I can get sworn in before Thanksgiving. He said that I was the first selectee from the most recent board to get their oath of office back. Hopefully, everyone else is right behind!

bryanteagle6

He can track everyone from the board? Nice! Congrats. He didnt let you know your FINSEL came in, but you know your oath is ready....awesome! You may be the first to officially get that butter bar!

bryanteagle6

Thank you Bryan, much appreciation. My OR is very nice but also very busy, and does try their best to answer. I appreciate your nice explanation! Very helpful.

My OR has been great too! It has been a little unconventional to say the least, and i havent even officially met him. Im sure he is working with the next batch that is going through the process for march. I do know my unit had the DCO panel interviews on the schedule last drill.

bryanteagle6

I was informed by my recruiter that my Oath has been approved and ready to be signed! Hoping I can get sworn in before Thanksgiving. He said that I was the first selectee from the most recent board to get their oath of office back. Hopefully, everyone else is right behind!

Did you go sign your docs yet?!