• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

17 October 2021 OCS Class

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Gotcha. ENTRS had us listed as Jan27, but that must be the last day of the program, not the actual graduation.

January would be the last 4 weeks of our training. Candio phase is 4 weeks, so we transition to Candio right before Christmas.

Got the word today from my recruiter. Selected for SNA. I asked about driving a personal vehicle out, and he said it's not an option. Anyone heard otherwise?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
Got the word today from my recruiter. Selected for SNA. I asked about driving a personal vehicle out, and he said it's not an option. Anyone heard otherwise?
Just spoke to my OR. Driving a personal vehicle is an option. You need to provide that intention in writing so the Navy does not purchase you a plane ticket.

Thanks for the info. I'll be coming from San Diego, so whether or not I want to bring my car will probably depend on what happens between OCS and NIFE/report to NASP. If I'm going straight back for OHARP/leave, it wouldn't make sense I'm thinking.

NavyFanatic32

Recruiter asked me if I wanted to join this class instead of staying my original class of 23JAN22. Debating if I should make the switch or not. The two pros of not switching to this class is that I get to spend the holidays home and I have more time to prep for OCS. However I am anxious to just get in and out lol. Any advice lol? Also I am from NYC, would I be able to go home for Xmas/New Years? and would I have to use leave? OCS is about 180 miles from NYC. I know we are all new and we don't know much but any insight would help!

NavyFanatic32

We'll get 2 weeks off for Christmas and New Year's, my man.

Just join us already.
We’ll be in Candio phase for sure? Of course if I don’t get rolled.

Also we wouldn’t have enough leave for those two weeks tho. Do you know the radius we could travel without taking leave?

NavyOCSHopeful

Ensign - SWO
We’ll be in Candio phase for sure? Of course if I don’t get rolled.

Also we wouldn’t have enough leave for those two weeks tho. Do you know the radius we could travel without taking leave?
We'll be starting candio phase as our last 4 weeks are candio and we graduate on the 28th. Granted we don't roll.

As far as I've been told, if we're allowed leave, we're allowed to return home for the holidays.